1/6 Hot toys Marvel Video Game series Spider-man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I'd probably lose my mind if Hot Toys made some of the villains from the game. My wallet would be crying though. To be honest I'd want the villains more than alternate Spidey suits.

Agreed! I’d love some villains now. But disappointed they chose Spider Punk skin over say the classic suit you start off with. Hopefully they won’t be the only two figures or only character.

It's hard when the company picks something like Spider-Punk as the second version whereas if they picked the classic like everyone's been asking for they'd be sold out of preorders really fast. If Spider-Punk doesn't sell well, HT will be like 'Oh well, onto the next license.'

It's hard when the company picks something like Spider-Punk as the second version whereas if they picked the classic like everyone's been asking for they'd be sold out of preorders really fast. If Spider-Punk doesn't sell well, HT will be like 'Oh well, onto the next license.'

It's a bizarre choice. I could see it as an exclusive but they're practically leading with it. If it's to gauge interest -- well that's so niche it's a poor metric and you'd think they'd understand that. If they're hoping to suck in the fans that are anticipating the rest of the line -- well that's only a thing if they continue the line, so time will tell. But Hot Toys doesn't have a great track record for continuity. *cough* Batman Returns *cough* <--- and that's just my pet peeve. They've been leaving people hanging since at least Platoon if not longer.

It's possible it is popular in Southeast Asia. I have heard that for the reasoning companies like SH Figuarts make a lot of prequel figures.

Spiderpunk is ok. It's my least favorite suit in the game, and its power is also my least favorite. I do think the quirkiness is very spidermanesque though.

I'm 71% through the game. Just opened up the silver sable and city prison(?) mini games.

Some of the missions are odd, swinging through smog and catching pigeons, but so far so good.

I do feel that at times the mobs of goons are more difficult than the boss fights though, at least on default difficulty.

I do feel that at times the mobs of goons are more difficult than the boss fights though, at least on default difficulty.

Guns are one thing, but it's amazing how quickly a superhero can get pummelled to death by fists.

I'm not really that up with comic-lore, but did Spidey have enhanced resilience? or was his greatest defense the fact he is that agile and enhanced by Spidey sense that people can't hit him.... I rewatched the Tobyverse in the weekend so it's fresh in my mind, but that version of the character certainly managed to tank the laws of physics like Thor, and from memory Andrew Garfield did too..

Spiderpunk is ok. It's my least favorite suit in the game, and its power is also my least favorite. I do think the quirkiness is very spidermanesque though.

I'm 71% through the game. Just opened up the silver sable and city prison(?) mini games.

Some of the missions are odd, swinging through smog and catching pigeons, but so far so good.

I haven't beaten the game yet but man, those sable gangs are the worst because regular web attacks don't work on them. I've had a hell of a time with the sable compounds because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't beaten the game yet but man, those sable gangs are the worst because regular web attacks don't work on them. I've had a hell of a time with the sable compounds because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to get all of the challenge coins is also tough.

Trying to get all of the challenge coins is also tough.

I just realized that you get extra coins for doing the bonus objectives, I had no idea until I was 80% through with the game that you go extra coins for that, you also get extra crime tokens for completing the bonus objectives of the crime in progress sections.

I just realized that you get extra coins for doing the bonus objectives, I had no idea until I was 80% through with the game that you go extra coins for that, you also get extra crime tokens for completing the bonus objectives of the crime in progress sections.
Yeah, they seem pretty unreachable unless you tailor your suit powers for those objectives, even then pretty hard to not accidentally run up a wall or web to a wrong spot. The controls are great but a bit touchy.

I caved and ordered this game last night after watching so many cool gameplay vids on YouTube. Looking forward to getting it next week!

I caved and ordered this game last night after watching so many cool gameplay vids on YouTube. Looking forward to getting it next week!

You won't regret it. I take my time and do side quests. The main story alledgedly takes only 20 hours, but I imagine that's no side quests. I'm at least over 20 hours with a ways to go yet. It's a fantastic game. Maybe a top 10 of all time for me.

A more difficult new game plus is coming, and 3 dlc, one in October, one in November and one in December.
We will have things to do...

That aside my personal favorite suit and power is the spider punk.
Demons on a roof?, get in, use your guitar power and the 10 demons dissapear in a split second while you get all the bonus objectives at once too 🤣🤣

That Hot Toys will definetly have a special place

I just finished the main story today. It's one of my favorite Spider-Man stories. I feel like Insomniac did a great job of staying true to the character while making a incredibly fun experience. I think this was a much better Spider-Man story than homecoming and one of the best we've gotten period.

I still catch myself swinging around the city ignoring crimes (guess I'm a bad Spider-Man) don't hate me web swinging is too much fun! The game truly is a masterpiece. This figure just went from a maybe to a definite pre-order, just because of how great the game is. Now all I need is Hot Toys to make some of the villains! I could honestly gush about this game for hours. You won't regret getting the game.

A more difficult new game plus is coming, and 3 dlc, one in October, one in November and one in December.
We will have things to do...

That aside my personal favorite suit and power is the spider punk.
Demons on a roof?, get in, use your guitar power and the 10 demons dissapear in a split second while you get all the bonus objectives at once too ����

That Hot Toys will definetly have a special place

Same here. Love playing as Spider-Punk and I'm going to have the figure displayed on a shelf above my H&K amp head in the music room.

Ha, been playing this for the last week with my girlfriend who ends up hogging it and decided to order this figure. If you played/enjoyed any of the Batman Arkham games this is kind of a clone but insanely fun. I just wish this Hot Toys wasn't coming out a year from now lol!

Ha, been playing this for the last week with my girlfriend who ends up hogging it and decided to order this figure. If you played/enjoyed any of the Batman Arkham games this is kind of a clone but insanely fun. I just wish this Hot Toys wasn't coming out a year from now lol!
Ok I want to put this Arkham clone stuff to rest. The Arkham games copied the combat system from the Spider-Man 2 and 3 games. They just made the combat more cinematic. It's true that the Arkham games are widely praised but I'm just tired of everyone acting like the Arkham games built the combat from the ground up. They "copied" the Spider-Man games. Which is why Batman basically has spider sense in the Arkham games.

Not trying to be rude I just don't think many people know this.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

So im fine with the white spider, but the only thing that bothers me about this outfit is the lack of "boots" on the suit. Without them the legs are a bit too monochromatic without any lines to break them up.

Ok I want to put this Arkham clone stuff to rest. The Arkham games copied the combat system from the Spider-Man 2 and 3 games. They just made the combat more cinematic. It's true that the Arkham games are widely praised but I'm just tired of everyone acting like the Arkham games built the combat from the ground up. They "copied" the Spider-Man games. Which is why Batman basically has spider sense in the Arkham games.

Not trying to be rude I just don't think many people know this.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Thanks for pointing that out NERD. Like how many people would know, huh? Or how many care?
71750e8178f86ea9bdbd2b21b0a02175.gif

Back