1/6 Hot toys Marvel Video Game series Spider-man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that is a bummer. But I'm sure they will focus on Venom in the sequel. He really needs a lot of attention. Especially for his story arc with Peter. I can wait on the black suit to be done right.

Until then, HT need to bang out the classic suit asap.
^ this

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Been playing the game since last night and can't put it down. Can't remember the last time I had this much fun playing a video game. In the past couple years ive been kind of growing out of gaming and playing them felt more like an obligation to get through. But this reminds me why I used to love them. Even just swinging through Manhattan is a blast.

Really like this take on Spiderman too. Fixed a lot of the issues that I had with the character in Homecoming (too different, too silly) and feels a lot more faithful to the comics. Its only a shame that its too late for the MCU Spidey to be more like this.

Had to pre-order this figure after the fun ive been having today. Hopefully we get a couple more figures from this game. (Classic suit! :pray:)

Been playing the game since last night and can't put it down. Can't remember the last time I had this much fun playing a video game. In the past couple years ive been kind of growing out of gaming and playing them felt more like an obligation to get through. But this reminds me why I used to love them. Even just swinging through Manhattan is a blast.

Really like this take on Spiderman too. Fixed a lot of the issues that I had with the character in Homecoming (too different, too silly) and feels a lot more faithful to the comics. Its only a shame that its too late for the MCU Spidey to be more like this.

Had to pre-order this figure after the fun ive been having today. Hopefully we get a couple more figures from this game. (Classic suit! :pray:)

The game really is amazing, I'm having a hard time putting it down. The web swinging and combat are second to none, insomniac made a spectacular Spider-Man game and I encourage anyone who has a PS4 to get this game.

I agree with you on the MCU Spider-Man, I really hated the homecoming suit and that Tony just gave him an Iron Man junior suit. The AI thing was super annoying. I felt like they turned Spider-Man into a whiny Avengers fanboy. Homecoming is my least favorite MCU movie for that reason.

Photo of ps4 spider-man. Is it me or he looks bulkier than before? Shiny basketball head.

Attachments

• 41395956_956775557827460_3364275087279652864_o.jpg
    41395956_956775557827460_3364275087279652864_o.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 41517407_956766214495061_3374607528758345728_o.jpg
    41517407_956766214495061_3374607528758345728_o.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 215
Although I would have preferred a black emblem over the white I am still considering this. Looks very Romta-esque to me.

Love the game. The camera is problematic when you are fighting sometimes, and the transition from swinging to climbing walls is a bit winky at times, but it doesn't detract from the experience much.

I've just been taking photos, thug battles, and fisk battles to get to level 30 so far. I'll try to get more into the story next weekend.

Game is so fun. Also as some have said I wish they went this route with mcu spidey

The game really is amazing, I'm having a hard time putting it down. The web swinging and combat are second to none, insomniac made a spectacular Spider-Man game and I encourage anyone who has a PS4 to get this game.

Better than Batman Arkham series?

Better than the arkham games in terms of graphics for sure. Spiderman can do things Batman cant, so it makes the battling a lot more exciting. Arkham probably utilizes more stealth and plan of attack on normal difficulty than spiderman does.

Spidersense basically makes Spiderman unhittable unless you are targeted while in a combo takedown, the arkham games were similar in that way.

Also like the arkham games, it's easy to forget all of the tools you have at your disposal and start meleeing when you don't really need to.

Lastly, the Spiderman map seems to be at least 25% larger than arkham city. The buildings aren't just static images, you can see interiors in at least some.

Well 1 more thing, like gta5, there are a lot of npcs just wandering or driving around constantly, which looks kind of odd.

Attachments

• 38018460_10214089622767416_6667488444123447296_n.jpg
    38018460_10214089622767416_6667488444123447296_n.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 37631211_2163890507017254_4249636725099331584_n.jpg
    37631211_2163890507017254_4249636725099331584_n.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 37608764_254702051784305_2949104938354999296_o.jpg
    37608764_254702051784305_2949104938354999296_o.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 197
I was never a fan of the Arkham games so I think Spider-Man is better. The combat and movement is much more exciting than the Arkham games. Spider-Man has different powers than Batman so that's to be expected. I don't think one game is objectively better than the other. It's really just opinions. If you have a PS4 I definitely recommend trying the game.

I was never a fan of the Arkham games so I think Spider-Man is better. The combat and movement is much more exciting than the Arkham games. Spider-Man has different powers than Batman so that's to be expected. I don't think one game is objectively better than the other. It's really just opinions. If you have a PS4 I definitely recommend trying the game.

You're missing out. Arkham asylum and arkham city were amazing. Arkham origins was by a different company using the same engine as the first 2, but I skipped that one. The fourth game was arkham knight, with the original team back to develop it, but for me that one was a bridge too far, too much using the batmobile.

You can knock out arkham asylum and city in a couple of weekends if you don't bother with the riddler trophies, you would like it if you love spiderman.

You're missing out. Arkham asylum and arkham city were amazing. Arkham origins was by a different company using the same engine as the first 2, but I skipped that one. The fourth game was arkham knight, with the original team back to develop it, but for me that one was a bridge too far, too much using the batmobile.

You can knock out arkham asylum and city in a couple of weekends if you don't bother with the riddler trophies, you would like it if you love spiderman.
I've played the Arkham games and I don't like them. Not missing out, just not enjoying something that you did. I've never been a fan of Batman and the games are boring imo. I'm glad that alot of people enjoy them but they aren't my thing.

I wished HT would do the classic suit. I like the way it looked in the game :lecture
Honestly that's the figure I want Hot Toys to make the most. Give us a classic Spider-Man suit. That'd sell out instantly.

Honestly that's the figure I want Hot Toys to make the most. Give us a classic Spider-Man suit. That'd sell out instantly.

Especially how they made it look hi tech with the lenses moving and the display

Oh man, Origins competes with knight for my favorite in the series, I liked asylum and City but Origins and Knight are so vastly superior for me to the first two it always kills me when I see people skip the third game, the story is easily the best in the series. I get people didn't like the batmobile in the 4th game but the batmobile was probably my favorite part of the game and I did all the challenges and races associated with it because it was so damn fun to drive.

But talking about the new spider-man game here, if you're a fan of spider-man GET THIS GAME! I actually like it more than the arkham games but I'm biased as I grew up with spider-man and I'm really digging the story so far. I actually get a more uncharted like feel with the story structure in Spider-Man than the Arkham games. Spider-Man kind of unfolds in episodes by reaching waypoints on the map and each episode has a different flavor to it like Uncharted does. One episode has you slinging through the city fighting a bad guy and then in the next one your peter walking through a homeless shelter talking to Aunt May and then your off to your job to help with some research and then your back to fighting crime as Spider-Man. It's very similar to how Uncharted would go from you being a kid Drake in one level and then the next level your adult Drake and each level offered something different, weather it was character moments or high octane action, Spider-Man if very similar to that.

Back