1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man:hi5:

Good call, I know it sucks to go though the hassle but I think you will be happier in the end. I still haven't been able to pop up the abs section, not sure if there's something wrong or if I'm being to gentle:dunno

Mine was a bit stiff also. I just grabbed it around the abs and pulled gradually increasing the force I used. Just be sure not to pull holding the legs and upper chest.

Articulation is limited in my Mark 42. image.jpg
Between these little guys and HT IM is a bunch of cheap imitations.

do you guys who got this Mark 42 recently, still have this problem?

View attachment 133419

Apparently a lot of guys who bought the Mark 42 have this very same issue. I think Sideshow even acknowledged that they come like this.

That ring is made out of rubber, right? If it doesn't hinder articulation, you can leave it as is. If it bothers you, you can try heating it up with a blowdryer in order to soften up the rubber so you can shape it back into place. But that's up to you.

Exact same issue but opposite sides, my OCD alarms are ringing WAY too much. Besides that there's other minor things setting it off.... like tiny paint imperfections, smudge or something INSIDE my arc reactor lens, and being shipped with no plastic battery compartment tabs. �� The ONLY major issue is the expendable shoulder swivel "gear" joint. I contacted Sideshow right away and 48 hours later they'd replied and arranged a free TORSO....Yes TORSO replacement!!! I guess I'll have to live with the other minor issues, but at $300+ should I have too? P.S. In order to avoid being charged for the replacement Torso I'll have to "destroy" the defective one I have now, for example wrap it in some clothe and take a hammer to it (which I don't think I can honestly do Lol I know how much these things cost). After doing that I'll need to send SS the proof of destruction photos or they'll charge me for the part. With all that said I want to make it clear, this is still a SICK $#!#ing figure! Congrats to anyone with a Minty Mint Mint delivery!

Holy crap, this very same topic just came up in the Bank Robber Joker 2.0 and Man of Steel threads. :rotfl I guess Sideshow tells you to destroy the piece so that you can't resell it.

These posts don't exactly bolster my confidence in Hot Toys quality. If either the Batman Armory or RoboCop comes to me with defects, Imma gonna be pissed!

The Quality Control issues with this release are inexcusable. If I were you guys, I would cancel and boycott this release.

That way someday, maybe I can snag this with $50 in RP, or some other good discount...

Holy crap, this very same topic just came up in the Bank Robber Joker 2.0 and Man of Steel threads. :rotfl I guess Sideshow tells you to destroy the piece so that you can't resell it.

These posts don't exactly bolster my confidence in Hot Toys quality. If either the Batman Armory or RoboCop comes to me with defects, Imma gonna be pissed!

Sadly, like I said I don't think I'll be able to smash this thing, it's still quite beautiful. I'm going to consider asking them to take it back or if the price isn't outrageous I'd rebuild around it to make a true DB version. I'll wait and see what goes on...

Sadly, like I said I don't think I'll be able to smash this thing, it's still quite beautiful. I'm going to consider asking them to take it back or if the price isn't outrageous I'd rebuild around it to make a true DB version. I'll wait and see what goes on...

It's part of the exchange agreement, if they let you keep it, they're basically giving you a free part. They see it as, so no one has to pay for the return shipping, it's easier to smash it and destroy it. If you decide to not destroy it, they'll charge you for the replacement part.

It's part of the exchange agreement, if they let you keep it, they're basically giving you a free part. They see it as, so no one has to pay for the return shipping, it's easier to smash it and destroy it. If you decide to not destroy it, they'll charge you for the replacement part.

Also for their tax write offs

Are these die-cast suits super heavy figures? I know my Tama Threepio has a good bit of weight to it. I've been thinking about picking up an IM suit but dont know which one, and I'm not sure if I want to go the die-cast route. I dont like the weight.

No they are not super heavy. They are made out of die cast and plastic so it does not feel like a brick. I don't have the 42 but I do have Iron Patriot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back