1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to remove the plastic wrap since it's not like I want to keep it there to preserve freshness :lol

jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.gif

Just opened the packaging. This thing is WAY HEAVIER than the Silver Centurion. And the number of joints/moveable parts is unreal.

Just one question though. How did you guys remove the piece of plastic wrap between his legs? I was trying to spread his legs to see how you can loosen and remove the plastic wrap without being too much of a perv LOL. There's gotta be a way. Unless you guys cut it off with a pair of scissors or just yank? Or are the legs removeable? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 133285

I pressed the Button to drop the legs down, then pulled

As much as I like the clean look, I feel like I should display him battle damaged. I need to keep the faceplate on though or else my current display with mechanic tony won't work correctly.

As much as I like the clean look, I feel like I should display him battle damaged. I need to keep the faceplate on though or else my current display with mechanic tony won't work correctly.

I would love the BD look a whole lot more if it wasnt just his upper half. My biggest gripe with the figure is that the TS head has the BD all over it, so I cant have a clean TS look... I wish the transition from clean -> wasnt so drastic, even some scuffing would help blur the line a bit

I would love the BD look a whole lot more if it wasnt just his upper half. My biggest gripe with the figure is that the TS head has the BD all over it, so I cant have a clean TS look... I wish the transition from clean -> wasnt so drastic, even some scuffing would help blur the line a bit

One of the guys here spent an entire day replicating battle damage all over the figure with paint. I can't remember which page it was on, but it looked fantastic.

I haven't checked mine yet, still need to pick it up from FedEx, but this is exactly how I felt with Silver Centurion.

The whole figure was clean, but the mask with the TS sculpt had scratches and burnt marks on it, which totally looked out of place. Like as if Tony stuck only his head in a fire during a flight. Even with the swappable chest piece, the battle damage looks out of place.

I feel like if HT is going to give you a BD option, go all out. Not half ass it

More and more armors are starting to come with the wear and tear look to them. Look at peacemaker and python. I think this will alleviate the shiny brand new look with any battle damage. Even the back of peacemaker has singe/burn marks from his exhaust

I haven't checked mine yet, still need to pick it up from FedEx, but this is exactly how I felt with Silver Centurion.

The whole figure was clean, but the mask with the TS sculpt had scratches and burnt marks on it, which totally looked out of place. Like as if Tony stuck only his head in a fire during a flight. Even with the swappable chest piece, the battle damage looks out of place.

I feel like if HT is going to give you a BD option, go all out. Not half ass it
I agree with you. I have mine posed with his none bd pieces but the sculpted tony helmet looks out of place.

It's driving me nuts because the right shoulder swivel on mine (the joint that extends outward and swivel forward) is kinda loose and the left one is really stiff. Especially since that one guy broke his. Anyone else have issues with this?

I agree with you. I have mine posed with his none bd pieces but the sculpted tony helmet looks out of place.

Do you have the workshop tony? I seen a pic on Facebook with the mk42 clean look with the workshop hs.. Looks good. I want to do mine that way but I'm having trouble removing the neck part from the head

Just opened the packaging. This thing is WAY HEAVIER than the Silver Centurion. And the number of joints/moveable parts is unreal.

Just one question though. How did you guys remove the piece of plastic wrap between his legs? I was trying to spread his legs to see how you can loosen and remove the plastic wrap without being too much of a perv LOL. There's gotta be a way. Unless you guys cut it off with a pair of scissors or just yank? Or are the legs removeable? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 133285

I popped off the legs to get the plastic off. Don't worry, they're on ball joints so they pop back in easily.

Back