1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's driving me nuts because the right shoulder swivel on mine (the joint that extends outward and swivel forward) is kinda loose and the left one is really stiff. Especially since that one guy broke his. Anyone else have issues with this?
Exact same issue but opposite sides, my OCD alarms are ringing WAY too much. Besides that there's other minor things setting it off.... like tiny paint imperfections, smudge or something INSIDE my arc reactor lens, and being shipped with no plastic battery compartment tabs. �� The ONLY major issue is the expendable shoulder swivel "gear" joint. I contacted Sideshow right away and 48 hours later they'd replied and arranged a free TORSO....Yes TORSO replacement!!! I guess I'll have to live with the other minor issues, but at $300+ should I have too? P.S. In order to avoid being charged for the replacement Torso I'll have to "destroy" the defective one I have now, for example wrap it in some clothe and take a hammer to it (which I don't think I can honestly do Lol I know how much these things cost). After doing that I'll need to send SS the proof of destruction photos or they'll charge me for the part. With all that said I want to make it clear, this is still a SICK $#!#ing figure! Congrats to anyone with a Minty Mint Mint delivery!

Exact same issue but opposite sides, my OCD alarms are ringing WAY too much. Besides that there's other minor things setting it off.... like tiny paint imperfections, smudge or something INSIDE my arc reactor lens, and being shipped with no plastic battery compartment tabs. �� The ONLY major issue is the expendable shoulder swivel "gear" joint. I contacted Sideshow right away and 48 hours later they'd replied and arranged a free TORSO....Yes TORSO replacement!!! I guess I'll have to live with the other minor issues, but at $300+ should I have too? P.S. In order to avoid being charged for the replacement Torso I'll have to "destroy" the defective one I have now, for example wrap it in some clothe and take a hammer to it (which I don't think I can honestly do Lol I know how much these things cost). After doing that I'll need to send SS the proof of destruction photos or they'll charge me for the part. With all that said I want to make it clear, this is still a SICK $#!#ing figure! Congrats to anyone with a Minty Mint Mint delivery!

I'm wondering if they would be willing to do the same for me?
And BTW, did they ask you to destroy it before they send the replacement or after?

Last edited:
I'm wondering if they would be willing to do the same for me?

........ Yes! I buy ALOT from them, 10 figures this year alone with another 15 on preorder into this time NEXT year. I was ready to play those cards but it was so easy, I must say. If this figure continues to irk me I'll address it. But do yourself a favor resolve your issues, $300+is alot for anything flawed, whatever it is. They anticipate problems and have parts on reserve like a car repair shop (Hot Toys). Sideshow contacts HT and allocates the parts in question. You have 30 days from receipt, but make haste, this seems to be a problematic release and replacements may be thining out. Please keep me posted with this. Good Luck...

........ Yes! I buy ALOT from them, 10 figures this year alone with another 12 on preorder into this time NEXT year. I was ready to play those cards but it was so easy, I must say. If this figure continues to irk me I'll address it. But do yourself a favor resolve your issues, $300+is alot for anything flawed, whatever it is. They anticipate problems and have parts on reserve like a car repair shop (Hot Toys). Sideshow contacts HT and allocates the parts inquestion. You have 30 days from receipt, but make haste, this seems to be a problematic release and replacement maybe thin out. Please keep me posted with this. Good Luck...

Email just sent. I shall keep you posted. I buy alot from them too, and never had to do this before.

A few pics
20140913_183351_zps4mz2uj6t.jpg

20140913_183645_zpsex5rcajm.jpg

20140913_184306_zpshykw1i55.jpg

20140913_184446_zps859phznh.jpg

Did you call them by phone or message them about your problem? Do you think they'll send me a replacement torso since my chest arc reactor doesn't work, or will I have to send the whole figure back to them?

Did you call them by phone or message them about your problem? Do you think they'll send me a replacement torso since my chest arc reactor doesn't work, or will I have to send the whole figure back to them?

I emailed them through their customer service link. Follow the links and fill out the field such as order number etc.... It HAS to be a Sideshow purchase, if your figure was bought from an outside seller you'll have to go through that vender for help. In my case it was the inner shoulder that was "squirrelly" so a new torso was in order. I'll have to destroy this one I currently have to avoid paying for the part and maybe even the postage. Please anyone replying to my posts, keep me posted on how your issues are going. I'm all over this issue! Thanks...

So I just checked all the lights on my figure, everything worked but just be advised the tiny screwdriver that comes with the package is useless unless its being used for Unscrewing the SMALLER screw in the head. The screws in the arms and back may strip from spinning as their abnormally tight.

I've been out of the loop for a bit. Has anyone taken any sweet pics of this guy with Golden Age Cap and The Dark World Thor?

Got mine on Thursday as an XMAS 2013 gift from my brother and I finally got the chance to really look at it today and mess around with it only to find that the left ankle extender is locked up in the leg and the articulation plates on the foot are deformed in shape and do not sit flush on the rest of the armor like they do on the right leg. The straight right wrist-guard is also too small to get on the wrist without running it under hot water for 30 seconds and lots of force when putting it on and when I took it back off, it caused the arm to come out of its shoulder joint. I mailed sideshow under my brother's account because he said he wasn't good at handling this sort of thing and let them know about my issues and to see if they'll send me replacement pieces. Hopefully they will. I've never had an issue with any of my HT figures thus far, so I've never had to go about mailing over defects. Those are the only issues I've found with mine thus far though. The shoulder joints seem to be fine and I have no issues pulling them out to extend the arms. Everything lit up great and stayed bright for the 10 minutes that I left it on. I haven't found any defects in the paint either.
im9.jpg
im7.jpg
im5.jpg
im2.jpg

Awesome review Skull! I decided to contact Sideshow to get a replacement head for my 42.

Nice review buddy!!!

Thanks man:hi5:

Awesome review Skull! I decided to contact Sideshow to get a replacement head for my 42.

Good call, I know it sucks to go though the hassle but I think you will be happier in the end. I still haven't been able to pop up the abs section, not sure if there's something wrong or if I'm being to gentle:dunno

So I sent photos and an email to SSC yesterday, detailing the scratches on the right shoulder under the shoulder pad. Asked for a replacement arm. I know most of it was covered by the shoulder pad, but it irked my OCD to know it was there. Every time I went to look at him my eyeballs moved to the paint chip and scratches. Everything else is perfect though.

Back