1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lil bit of clear tape or the plastic it comes wrapped in to bind them together. Face them the same direction and slip them in. I was not even going to bother putting them in but with the QC issues, I had to check. Plus will help (if) they go bad and leak.

Thanks, I was able to finally get them in, LOL. My God it was so technical. Hahahaha.

never thought i'd see the day when someone calls a company to ask how to install batteries. While it was difficult, didn't think necessary to call lol.

Thanks, I was able to finally get them in, LOL. My God it was so technical. Hahahaha.

Your Welcome My Boy, I tried putting them in the "conventional way" as well and although I was LUCKY and got them in like on the second try I can Defintely see people losing their $#!+ over the magnets ÷%&#ing with the batteries. Lol What an awful power switch battery design.

It is very strange that Hot Toys Iron man figures have I think always been noted for there excellent engineering and design even more so with the new dicast figures at least from the neck down, and yet from the neck up appears to have been designed by the tea lady on the back of a cigarette packet.

It is very strange that Hot Toys Iron man figures have I think always been noted for there excellent engineering and design even more so with the new dicast figures at least from the neck down, and yet from the neck up appears to have been designed by the tea lady on the back of a cigarette packet.

Ahem *arms falling off*

With all of this info and feedback, there should be NO QC issues with the Mark 43 or whatever they decide to call it (tries his best not to laugh, but ultimately does).

My attempt at the ground pound. I've been posing the hell out of it for a week now and it's still in one piece with nothing bent or feeling loose. I hope if stays this way :)

a2a7uza3.jpg

What a great pose/shot!

Want to get this....but the QC horror stories are holding me back.
Then I see a pic with a great pose like this and.....

Design it like the older versions where led was emitted from the top of the neck. ☺

With all of this info and feedback, there should be NO QC issues with the Mark 43 or whatever they decide to call it (tries his best not to laugh, but ultimately does).

I think the phrase 'in an ideal world' probably addresses that..., it would be great if they took stock of feedback but I'm pretty sure they don't listen as it'd cost money to fix. lol ;)

I would not be surprised if they start making the MK 43 soon, IF it is really a repaint. Finish the run of the 42 and switch some paint, toss in a new HS and start making the 43.

I would not be surprised if they start making the MK 43 soon, IF it is really a repaint. Finish the run of the 42 and switch some paint, toss in a new HS and start making the 43.

I think your right, after all they got a repaint in the guise of War Machine mark II really as technically that was only ever Iron Patriot as far as I'm aware? Not that I'm complaining as I prefer War Machine. :)

That's a new one, you pulled the entire thing out of the torso? I have a hard time believing you were careful but I'll take your word for it. Just exchange it for a new one b/c that thing is ****ed.

Yes me too, i was surprise when it happen, the first thing i did was pull the shoulder joint to its extention and that was good but when i do the swivel at first it was stiff and not moving at all then i did little back and front movement then it loosen up but after another try snapped, its like when you bending a plastic stick many times then it give up and snapped, but that swivel was intended to move as their articulation gimik and not to snapped, it was just plain poor qc issue on that clear plastic socket, this is not my first time owning a hot toys and i have a lot of articulated figurd from shfiguart figma etch but this was my first time experience this articulation that snap after doing what its intended to do.

Well, Sideshows going to send me a replacement torso in 7 to 10 days but want me to destroy the previous one. Are there any specifications for how badly they want the original piece destroyed? I thought about making pieces of armor lay around like on the movie, but i don't know the extent of damage they want to see in the pictures...

guess ill record taking a hammer to a diecast torso just because....

Well, Sideshows going to send me a replacement torso in 7 to 10 days but want me to destroy the previous one. Are there any specifications for how badly they want the original piece destroyed? I thought about making pieces of armor lay around like on the movie, but i don't know the extent of damage they want to see in the pictures...

guess ill record taking a hammer to a diecast torso just because....

They just want it to be in several pieces I think, that's what someone I know had to do to a Mythos Gamorrean Executioner statue..., a tradegy in itself. :(

Back