1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was messing around a bit more with my broken pieces, using tape to test the adherence of the paint. It seems like the main failure point is anywhere there is two layers of paint on top of the primer. So on the lower torso (where the whole piece is silver and only the dark grey is painted on top), the grey can be pulled off of the silver. On the legs (where silver is painted on a base of dark grey), the silver can come off. Again this is deliberately attempting to pull paint off with tape or scraping. The paint adheres very well to the primer though, so any paint chipping won't be exposing metal, but the local base layer of paint, either dark grey or silver. I'm going to see if I can't find a match for the dark grey paint for future reference, I have a few spots to fix with silver as it is.

That's very surprising. Paint usually adheres well to paint I wonder if they used different types of paint???

I love that this came with a hand to salute. I changed his pose already but this look is just cool
aqabemud.jpg

ColombianLove41
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

choosing this over IP..hope I made the right choice!

I pondered with that very question. It's the exact same figure minus the rhodey head and paint scheme, but I guess that's a huge difference.. Lol. I like this better because of the color. And besides, I know I'm in a very small minority here but I think the sculpt on the IP is bad. It doesn't look like cheadle at all

So is the special edition sold out on SS? It won't let you select location or add to cart.

Nope. The drop down for location has values, and if you click buy now it says "select location."
I live in the US.

I just realized my War Machine has a really loose left ankle which makes it really hard to stand unassisted. Does anyone know how to take apart the leg to tighten the ankle screw? I can't seem to figure out how to disassemble it.

Back