1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James Rhodes is my favorite character (thus going out of my way to buy all of this mess,) so I definitely want a Patriot but I feel that if they're going to do the Mk V (if that's what the EndGame ends up being) in Patriot colors (I'm hoping the promo colors as well,) I'd rather have that be "it" for Patriot and keep the rest as a WM evolution display... that is of course unless a great deal falls in my lap, ha.

A good old deal always makes it better, that’s for sure!

1-443.png

It was $180 and came with the Hologram, tbh. I saw the comparisons between it and the AoU version and the paint app differences seemed really minor, I'm cool on having another cheadle head, and the stand on the 3 version with the lights is really cool to me... even though I'll never use it.

I've had both (sold the IM3 version, have to AoU), and the differences are actually pretty significant.

You're a big War Machine fan, so I would recommend the Ultron version if you can find one at a good price.

The IM3 Mk II looks a bit toyetic; a bit too bright and clean. Plus it wasn't in the movie. The Ultron version has a great dark gunmetal color that's very nicely weathered. I have it paired with the 45, but it looks phenomenal next to the Mk I Diecast and Mk III.

Got the full breakdown article and gallery up for the Hot Toys Iron Man 3 version of the diecast War Machine Mk II up on Kuma Style. https://kumastyledesigns.com/toy-review-hot-toys-diecast-war-machine-mark-ii-mk-2-iron-man-3-ver/

title-fb-ht-wm-mkii-dc.png

Per normal the article breaks the figure down by section but overall I gave this one a 7/10. It's certainly a solid figure but it being so undersized and generally underwhelming accessory wise compared the the Mks I and III makes it a bit bland when factored in with the more toned down aesthetic. On the plus side, of the three it's definitely the most fun and easy to play with and pose with the most wide ranges in terms of movement.

Here are a few pictures from the gallery portion of the article;

4-287.png

13-196.png

12-208.png

Back