1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm yea nope, got it from one of the retailers here in Canada. I fired them an email about it but not expecting much tbh :(

Got my WM2 today, need some help with it :slap the screws to the battery compartment for the chest and head is lodged in there pretty damn tight. The stock screwdriver it came with seems unable to do the job just ends up stripping the screw further. Tried a slightly bigger screwdriver i used for MK VII and it doesn't work either. The screw is just too damn weak. I'm not gonna use the light up feature that much but still would like to have it as an option. Any advice would be appreciated here

Otherwise an amazing figure :clap I read countless times about the weight but still wasn't prepared for just how heavy it is. Happy to report no paint flaws on mine and everything is solid and tight, just that in the case of the screws they're too tight :slap (just to make sure, it's counter clockwise to loosen it, right?)

If you have a small flat head screwdriver that can sometimes work better with these little tight screws

Did anyone that used the 6 month Bill Me Later have any issues? My girlfriend signed up today to get me this for my birthday and she got approved but it won't go beyond the checkout page. It goes to paypal but when you click the button to continue it says something like "could not be completed,". You have not been charged. Please contact the merchant for more details."

That is not paint chipping, that part is grey plastic not painted diecast. That edge is just getting dented in extreme poses, yes something to be careful of but that is not an example of flaking paint.

Ouch! :horror would you say this is a common defect for Iron Man HT figures? Would you say it's done by moving parts of the figure excessively?

Ouch! :horror would you say this is a common defect for Iron Man HT figures? Would you say it's done by moving parts of the figure excessively?

Not really, it's coming up with this figure because the articulation is so extensive you can kick the leg up really far- far enough that the upper edge of the leg can hit the torso, and if you do that you can press into the nice clean edge of the plastic and leave it a bit dented. It doesn't happen just letting it stand there in a museum pose, its done by physically hitting two parts together, as honestly you should expect. Its just the articulation is so good that if you get carried away you can go far enough that parts are in contact.

Got him today...but he has a big scratch across his right thigh...are they removable at all as a part or something....I don't want to have to send the whole figure back...

Got him today...but he has a big scratch across his right thigh...are they removable at all as a part or something....I don't want to have to send the whole figure back...

They'd probably have to replace the whole leg, which part is the scratch- on the grey or silver (or both?). I am waiting on some high end matte clear paint to show up to see if I can't fix the rubbed spots on the grey on mine, they won't send another replacement for me. The silver would be much easier to paint over any blemishes.

They'd probably have to replace the whole leg, which part is the scratch- on the grey or silver (or both?). I am waiting on some high end matte clear paint to show up to see if I can't fix the rubbed spots on the grey on mine, they won't send another replacement for me. The silver would be much easier to paint over any blemishes.

It is in the large silver plate right at the top of the thigh...I just saw on Ebay that the legs are "removable" to a certain extent...that should be really fun trying to remove a leg if they want to send a replacement leg...who won't send you a replacement part? I got mine from my online store...so I guess they will have to go to Hot Toys for a leg...

Got mine yesterday, overall really impressed. A few small issues I can live with but one I can't, a hair or scratch in the paint right in the center of the faceplate. Not that noticeable but in certain light, once you see it you can't unsee it. Did anyone get a replacement head for anything like this?

The more I have had this, while I like it a lot, it really just makes me wish I had the original Iron Man 2 War Machine. I'm gonna hunt one of those down in favor of this guy. I will however still get Iron Patriot. I am going anti-repaint, so between this guy and Patriot, Patriot wins out.

The more I have had this, while I like it a lot, it really just makes me wish I had the original Iron Man 2 War Machine. I'm gonna hunt one of those down in favor of this guy. I will however still get Iron Patriot. I am going anti-repaint, so between this guy and Patriot, Patriot wins out.

Hey Surly, I sent you a PM regarding War Machine.

Only HT I bought during my visit to HK :lol

1489216_10152675631083362_999498327_n.jpg

10001464_10152677167448362_821456090_n.jpg

10170900_10152675839818362_262721408_n.jpg

Hey guys, im having a problem with one of the screws, its tighter than @hit and I don't want to risk striping it, is there a good set of tools I can buy online that are perfect for 1/6 scales, thanks in advance guys.

Back