1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think their ultimate goal is to only do Disney licenses. It's either that or they truly are completely clueless about what their target audience wants. It's a tossup at this point.

They may also be waiting for the rubber to deteriorate on all of the original Big Chaps out there so they can unveil a new one on Aliens Day 2018! Yeah, that's gotta be it. :slap

Which means we will get the figure ~ 2023. WOW, only six more years!

A disney princess on Alien Day? Wth, they couldn't do that tomorrow and reveal Ripley today instead? It's friggin Alien Day???
It's especially surprising since they embraced Alien Day last year and even held a special event at Toy Sapiens in Tokyo. So frustrating they chose to not only do nothing at all, but announce the exact opposite of what Ripley is. :gah:

they could even release the alien girl or announce that ship date, at least that's sorta 'alien' related...but Belle?? C'mon.....

AND NOW... HOT TOYS IS POSTING THIS:

18056425_10154424037642344_7564613471993028423_o.jpg

Are they CRAZY???? By the way: AWESOME LIKENESS... meanwhile, we have a strange woman as RIPLEY...

It's at the point now where we'll get this thing (if we're lucky to live that long) and just not care when we unbox it, with a pang of bitterness and 'whatever' over the entire thing.

Fair to say we're all disappointed by Hot Toys, yet again. We were stupid to expect anything more than that.

Also I love how the hair on the side of Belle's head looks like a super-glued on after thought.

This Belle reveal on Alien Day has got to be a blatant middle finger by Hot Toys to everyone waiting for Ripley. I mean, they can't be that clueless can they...??

They're not clueless. They just like that Disney money more.

That has to be it. The Ripley figure has probably been ready to go to production for quite some time but HT keeps pushing other figures in ahead of it. Or possibly slipping it into production here and there but not enough to complete the run yet. But whatever the case, it really is a cruel joke at this point.

I've been here a long time yet it still amazes me that people here think HT will pay tribute on anniversaries, blu ray release dates, "Alien Day", etc :lol

Those people are the definition of insanity.

Waits for the next person to claim "HT will likely have something ready for the 40th Anniversary"...

I've been here a long time yet it still amazes me that people here think HT will pay tribute on anniversaries, blu ray release dates, "Alien Day", etc :lol

Those people are the definition of insanity.

Waits for the next person to claim "HT will likely have something ready for the 40th Anniversary"...

I know i agree its funny. For me when hot toys failed to release anything for the aliens 86 anniversary or the back to the future 2 2015 anniversary i knew then they would never respect anniversaries or alien day or anything of the sort.

Back