1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all know they're just gonna show the same promo shots of Ripley and Alien Warrior that we've been looking at for the last year cut/pasted onto a quickly edited together image that says "Alien Day 4.26.2017: Stay Tuned!"

I want the announcement of Hicks 2.0 *deploys umbrella to shield from bombardment by Alien 1979 purists*

Seriously, the release of a figure they showed us 3 years ago isn't particularly exciting at this point. Squeezing 2 Alien days out of the same damn figure is pretty ***t.

I want the announcement of Hicks 2.0 *deploys umbrella to shield from bombardment by Alien 1979 purists*

Seriously, the release of a figure they showed us 3 years ago isn't particularly exciting at this point. Squeezing 2 Alien days out of the same damn figure is pretty ***t.

It's a shame... It looks like a ghost company... They are working on Iron Man all day, but they don't care about promotional dates for release other licences...

*sigh* I hope today (UK time) doesn't go all the way until the end with these Iron Man/Star Wars obsessed muppets completely ignoring Ripley, AGAIN. I get WHY they work with those licenses but come on, 3 EFFING years!!? :mad:

AND NOW... HOT TOYS IS POSTING THIS:

18056425_10154424037642344_7564613471993028423_o.jpg

Are they CRAZY???? By the way: AWESOME LIKENESS... meanwhile, we have a strange woman as RIPLEY...

HT have repeatedly made clear that they know where the money is.

My suggestion is that they're looking to branch out much more generally. Beyond Star Wars, pushing a range of iconic Disney female characters would be a virtual licence to print money. Financially, HT know where the real action is; indeed, aging fanboy film franchises with limited character potential are small potatoes compared to the endless stream of Disney princesses that could be churned out. Hell, with the new Disney focus upon live action adaptations of earlier animated classics, HT is in a terrific position to rake in the dollars. It sucks for us, but would be great for them.

The real joke will be when Hot Toys releases more costume variant versions of Belle. You ain't seen nothing yet.

They really do NEVER fail to disappoint every person that was looking forward to this. Two Alien Days (to my knowledge) in a row and they've flipped us all the bird. I know she's supposedly coming soon, but I'll believe it when someone unboxes one. Until then, the wait (and bad joke) continues.

I think their ultimate goal is to only do Disney licenses. It's either that or they truly are completely clueless about what their target audience wants. It's a tossup at this point.

They may also be waiting for the rubber to deteriorate on all of the original Big Chaps out there so they can unveil a new one on Aliens Day 2018! Yeah, that's gotta be it. :slap

Back