1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope she gets here soon, I saved her a seat........
tumblr_mt7zkpbIk21rqfhi2o1_500.gif

This figure has been changed so many times with the release being dragged out, I find myself never caring about owning it at this point. I'm not even happy with the final product. I don't even see the Power Loader set coming out this decade, if at all.

You guys should cancel. Seriously. I'd love it if everyone cancelled their orders and this figure tanked hard. Who cares. It's already a dead line as far as Hot Toys is concerned.

You guys should cancel. Seriously. I'd love it if everyone cancelled their orders and this figure tanked hard. Who cares. It's already a dead line as far as Hot Toys is concerned.

Way ahead of you, I didn't even bother ordering at any point.

I have a feeling this figure is finished, packaged and on pallets waiting to be shipped. It might have been part of the license deal between HT acquiring Covenant license and FOX to hold off on the Ripley release until we get closer to the movie release date. It makes sense. Some of you might remember the huge gap between DX Luke and the rest of the SW HT Universe as HT officially acquired that license.

Maybe that's why they haven't released the Prometheus figures yet, as well. They were ready to release them when Prometheus was hot in the theatres, but Fox told HT to hold off until Covenant. Seriously, though. I doubt there's any logical reason why HT haven't released this yet, other than sheer apathy towards the license.

I don't think so, other companies that have the Alien franchise licensing haven't been holding things back. This had a set date when it went up for order (in agreement with the licenser) and it's HOT TOYS that's pushing it back.

Hot Toys never gets the criticism it deserves. People always want to suggest it's a faceless entity like contracts or licenesers that are the problem. I don't see why this can't be Hot Toys being Hot Toys and treating this figure (and line) like the low priority we all know Hot Toys thinks it is. Hold back the Hot Toys Prometheus figures for Covenant? WTF? Hot Toys announced that line 6 years ago with a bunch of "coming soon" teases and never made good on it. Not even a single preorder. Again, other companies had product ready to go for it and we saw multiple Engineers and such that were exclusive to Prometheus. There isn't even much hope of Hot Toys doing anything for Covenant.

Again, this is a Hot Toys problem exclusive to them, not Fox. How come Hot Toys is the only one having problems when NECA, Diamond Distributors, Funko and now even Eaglemoss are having no problems whatsoever getting Alien merchandise out there. ****ing Ripley? In the span it took Hot Toys to even announce Ripley, NECA have made 6, with a 7th on the way. All of them unique in some compacity. Those other companies aren't having problems either and have been readily producing merchandise well before Covenant was even a thing.

If she suddenly ships next month, it's a coincidence. And it's not like Hot Toys has anything planned for the actual Covenant film anyway. Something Fox would surely would want a company to promote via merchandise that Hot Toys hasn't even made a peep about. Hot Toys doesn't even share the new Alien Covenant trailers on their Facebook. They. Don't. Care. That sentiment trickles down to their figures like this. Look at their Facebook, it's all about the Disney brands like Marvel and Star Wars. Figures that only went up for preorder a few months ago are already getting released now while Ripley has been in development for years. Same with other crap they don't care about like older movie licenses.

If I were Fox, Studiocanal, Universal Studios, etc. I wouldn't let Hot Toys have any of my properties anymore. They don't do any of them justice.

Last edited:
I was being sarcastic. I thought that ridiculous suggestion would have made my sarcasm obvious. Probably should have added "/sarcasm" at the end.

Yeah, my bad. I read that as 100% serious. :lol reading that again, it's dripping with sarcasm. "Seriously though" shoulda tipped me off. I goofed.

I have seen arguments similar to that one though, in defense of Hot Toys, coming from users that were being serious.

I wonder why NECA weren't told to hold off on their Ripleys. Surely the release of Covenant would have been the best time to release the multitude of Alien/Aliens/Alien3 figures they've made. Wait no, maybe instead, the release of Covenant is the best time to release figures from.....drumroll.....the film Covenant!

Look, what's the point in trying to conceive of silly excuses for Hot Toys. I highly doubt this is studio intervention or approvals delays, why wouldn't NECA be affected by these things aswell? As Alice said, apathy is the reason they keep putting this figure on the backburner - it's just not important to them.

-edit- ah, DiFabio posted all this while I was typing.

Back