1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would be really interesting to see a post preorder figure get cancelled. I don't think that's ever happened before has it? You know, where a figure goes up for preorder/solicitation and then gets canned?

I've been waiting/hoping for that to happen to that Hulkbuster figure. That thing has been delayed countless times. It wouldn't surprise me if that happens someday. Imagine them going on Facebook and saying they can fulfill orders on figures like Ripley, Doc Brown, Marty McFly, etc. The sheer amount of Marvel and Star Wars releases they pride themselves in would make that situation highly likely I'd say. It makes me wonder why they pursued them in the first place. Why even make those deals when you clearly don't care.

I don't know that that's ever happened. I've wondered about it myself - I figured if anyone would know it'd be you as you often seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of Hot Toys statements, announcements and releases etc.

It was a rhetorical question a-dev, I know it's never happened. But I want it to.

And as the years go by, there's not even any good Hot Toys information to keep track of. Nothing they do holds my interests. I can't believe we're well past MMS 400 (it'll be 500 before you know it), and none of it is special to me.

Last edited:
Hot Toys are license hogs and don't want competition. New companies cutting their teeth on licenses that HT didn't snatch up and then one day competing for the big licenses. Like what HT did to Sideshow..

IMG_6928.JPG

It was a rhetorical question a-dev, I know it's never happened. But I want it to.

And as the years go by, there's not even any good Hot Toys information to keep track of. Nothing they do holds my interests. I can't believe we're well past MMS 400 (it'll be 500 before you know it), and none of it is special to me.

I'd love them to cancel it aswell. Stop ***k teasing us with their drips and drabs from old licenses - make a definitive gesture of confirmation that they will no longer be making anything outside of MCU, current DC and Star Wars. Piss the remaining optimists off so much that they become like us and stop trying to come up with excuses for Hot Toys :lol

That whole bootleg announcement they made on Facebook was a kink in their chain (or in this case, a chink in their armor).

I also love how everyone in the comments section seemingly hates them, even over the smallest things.

I don't think so, other companies that have the Alien franchise licensing haven't been holding things back. This had a set date when it went up for order (in agreement with the licenser) and it's HOT TOYS that's pushing it back.

Hot Toys never gets the criticism it deserves. People always want to suggest it's a faceless entity like contracts or licenesers that are the problem. I don't see why this can't be Hot Toys being Hot Toys and treating this figure (and line) like the low priority we all know Hot Toys thinks it is. Hold back the Hot Toys Prometheus figures for Covenant? WTF? Hot Toys announced that line 6 years ago with a bunch of "coming soon" teases and never made good on it. Not even a single preorder. Again, other companies had product ready to go for it and we saw multiple Engineers and such that were exclusive to Prometheus. There isn't even much hope of Hot Toys doing anything for Covenant.

Again, this is a Hot Toys problem exclusive to them, not Fox. How come Hot Toys is the only one having problems when NECA, Diamond Distributors, Funko and now even Eaglemoss are having no problems whatsoever getting Alien merchandise out there. ****ing Ripley? In the span it took Hot Toys to even announce Ripley, NECA have made 6, with a 7th on the way. All of them unique in some compacity. Those other companies aren't having problems either and have been readily producing merchandise well before Covenant was even a thing.

If she suddenly ships next month, it's a coincidence. And it's not like Hot Toys has anything planned for the actual Covenant film anyway. Something Fox would surely would want a company to promote via merchandise that Hot Toys hasn't even made a peep about. Hot Toys doesn't even share the new Alien Covenant trailers on their Facebook. They. Don't. Care. That sentiment trickles down to their figures like this. Look at their Facebook, it's all about the Disney brands like Marvel and Star Wars. Figures that only went up for preorder a few months ago are already getting released now while Ripley has been in development for years. Same with other crap they don't care about like older movie licenses.

If I were Fox, Studiocanal, Universal Studios, etc. I wouldn't let Hot Toys have any of my properties anymore. They don't do any of them justice.

Because Hot Toys figures are artworks. You can't rush perfection. Be patient, bro. Geez.

Hot Toys did actually share the Covenant trailer...
No matter what, new movies, SW or Marvel or D.C. Or whatever, will always have priority. Because the hype sells and in 6 months no one cares about them. An almost 40 year old movie will never have priority, because the interest will be the same next year and next year.... that's also why OT SW won't have priority over new SW movies. Most of the OT characters we see are also present in R1 and Yoda gets pushed.

Last edited:
Did they? I don't see it on their wall and I scrolled back quite a few months down.

I think it was the prologue. I'll try and look, but I'm pretty sure as I thought about it at the time.
Edit: nah, it was the Hot Toys Collectors page:
79e196215e33ce5480a07b133f8e935a.jpg

Last edited:
Does this mean sideshow should ship this in May? Oh please!

I am loving the box art!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Does this mean sideshow should ship this in May? Oh please!

I am loving the box art!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm hoping it's for Alien Day, but I definitely wouldn't get my hopes up yet. Yes, she's coming soon (and I'm really really excited), but sometimes figures in those "Upcoming Releases" shots don't come out until a month or two after at Secret Base.

I'm hoping it's for Alien Day, but I definitely wouldn't get my hopes up yet. Yes, she's coming soon (and I'm really really excited), but sometimes figures in those "Upcoming Releases" shots don't come out until a month or two after at Secret Base.

There are YODA pictures from users on internet. So Yoda is has released, isn't it?

Maybe Ripley is the next one.

I like what I see.. (I hope she will be pretty on hand, ha ha ha).

Back