1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What am I missing about the box that you guys are loving so much? A picture of the figure with a green tint over it doesn't seem special to me. In fact that looks more like it should be some sort of removable inner card not the front of the box. The superhero boxes are much nicer designs (naturally)

Last edited:
What am I missing about the box that you guys are loving so much? A picture of the figure with a green tint over it doesn't seem special to me. In fact that looks more like it should be some sort of removable inner card not the front of the box. The superhero boxes are much nicer designs (naturally)

Yeah I agree 100%. It's not terrible but also certainly doesn't seem like anything special.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My final Sideshow Flex payment is scheduled May 5th, so she could very well ship from them in May. (But of course that final payment has been bumped SEVERAL times at this point, so ... grain of salt.)

So happy to finally see her heading our way... longest wait ever for an announced figure.

17492943_10154357211072344_8623219685453499691_o.jpg

In the mean time, here's an example why we should be ashamed to be part of this community...

17620138_10154358156987344_743725057284828732_o.jpg

Last edited:
The Endo from Genisys too. Ripley looks tiny next to the Endo. I hope HT have not made a big boo boo and put the fig on a short body. Sigourney Weaver is like 6 feet tall.

It would make absolute sense if they've messed up her height. Entirely in keeping with their overall attitude to this license, together with the least inspired packaging art (other than the Star Wars figures) from that set of releases. Seriously, look at what that disposable POS Suicide Squad gets or that Iron Man Civil War design - actual effort went into those - and they couldn't come up with anything from Alien, a film renowned for its visuals and art design. A green picture of this 'kinda sorta if I squint' Ripley figure is the best they can do. :rolleyes2

Do they even have a different sized female body to use other than the Leia/Rey/Scarlet Witch/Black Widow body? Normally they advertise the hell out of any "newly developed body" they use for a new figure. Calling right now that this will be way too short. Frick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do they even have a different sized female body to use other than the Leia/Rey/Scarlet Witch/Black Widow body? Normally they advertise the hell out of any "newly developed body" they use for a new figure. Calling right now that this will be way too short. Frick.

Specs say:

A newly developed body with over 28 points of articulation

Approximately 30 cm tall

Will have to wait and see. 30cm is just under 12'' which sounds ok, if we assume 12'' in 1/6 is 6 foot in real world.

Correct height in 1/6 is kind of an obsession with me, all my figs have to be the correct height or I get angry :gah:
I constantly go on imdb to check on heights. Although I'm still not convinced Arnie is 6'2 :exactly:

Well at least shes on her way. I still want the figure badly, but im not getting excited till she arrives at my front door. The wait for this has been auch a buzz kill.

With Ripley due to be released very soon (or not) I've been trying to figure out what scene to make in order to display her.

Here are two scenes I've been thinking about:

Dallas cocoon scene or when Ripley heads to the bridge of the Nostromo to find Jonsey. What would be Best?
28225e25840bb64069fa54d0732128b1.jpg
cea87ad1130cf104395eca8eb5b2dbd2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back