1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The prototype for that blind Asian force guy debuted in October of last year, a mere 5 months ago, and the final product is already out and released. Between then and now, there has been a ton of coverage for it, from a behind the scenes making of video and a stop motion advertisement involving the figure.

Ripley's prototype was shown 3 years ago and keeps getting pushed back. :lol

Last edited:
In fairness, though, Rogue One has a pretty short shelf life. A few people care about that still, but the longer past release, the fewer will buy. Ripleys popularity in 5 years won't be any different than it is today. So, why would they rush?

There will always be something current that they have to capitalise upon now - always. At a certain point surely that reasoning no longer flies and we can say that Hot Toys are taking the absolute piss.

There will always be something current that they have to capitalise upon now - always. At a certain point surely that reasoning no longer flies and we can say that Hot Toys are taking the absolute piss.

Maybe in 2020. Until then.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Spider-Man Homecoming
Wonder Woman
Thor Ragnarok
Justice League
Star Wars Episode 8
Avengers Infinity Wars
Aquaman
Black Panther
Star Wars: Han Solo
Deadpool 2
Ant-Man 2
Star Wars Episode 9
Captain Marvel
Avengers 4
Spider-Man Homecoming 2

Yeah that's a lot of soon-to-be-current stuff that's gonna have to take priority over the older license. Just be patient everyone.

To get it over with since they're clearly not passionate about the license.

Exactly. Get the damn thing out there, hope people forget you ever displayed an Aliens version with a new Powerloader, and then sit on the license doing nothing with it, y'know, fulfil the plan.

[emoji38]

I'm not happy about it, but I do think it is justifiable. At this point, I'm happy to get it whenever. But if my collecting passions were stronger I might feel otherwise.

Maybe in 2020. Until then.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Spider-Man Homecoming
Wonder Woman
Thor Ragnarok
Justice League
Star Wars Episode 8
Avengers Infinity Wars
Aquaman
Black Panther
Star Wars: Han Solo
Deadpool 2
Ant-Man 2
Star Wars Episode 9
Captain Marvel
Avengers 4
Spider-Man Homecoming 2

Enter Blitzway for our older movie license needs.....

I feel that Ripley is past the development stage and has been shelved on the production floor. Once ready to put back on she will be rushed through.

Does HT really even care about 4/26 though? They obviously don't care about anniversaries of these old licenses, so I would imagine 4/26 is simply the day after 4/25 for them.

They pretended that they cared last year. Ripley was supposed to come up for pre order that day - it said so in the official newsletter - but she was about a week or two late I believe. ...so anyways, it was only a semi normal day for them as they recognized the existence of Alien Day at least...

1m97o3.jpg

I've been thinking about this release and would ask of HT......'look man, I only need to know one thing.....where they are....'

Back