1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This from Budget Stark still says Q1 ...does that mean anything?
b3c88f822ea2c1d69d8d2645160add52.jpg

You gotta pre-order man! Ripley is going to go on waitlist/sold out status soon!!! :panic:

There is going to be so many cancelations... I feel confident I will be able to get her, and for a decent discount on ebay.

This is assuming she is ever released. I wonder how many people got boned on ebay with preorders?

There is going to be so many cancelations... I feel confident I will be able to get her, and for a decent discount on ebay.

This is assuming she is ever released. I wonder how many people got boned on ebay with preorders?

Hmm I wasn't planning on pre-ordering but now I'm not so sure. What does everyone else think?

There is going to be so many cancelations...

Wouldn't be the first time Hot Toys has sabotaged potential profits on a figure through their own actions. And of course, they'll blame it on the character being unpopular.

But it ain't Marvel, DC or Star Wars, so no need to put in effort. We'll be seeing fewer and fewer pieces like this.

I don't know how these things work, but could it be to improve an aspect of the figure? Or is this normal? I think a few things have been delayed recently which would suggest its probably just a production delay.

Just my 0.2 but maybe they want to benefit from the Alien Covenant promo plan coming up in may...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

That's probably exactly what they're doing but as I said before they could have not pissed people off with delay after delay on this figure - released it on schedule (assuming there's no other reason behind the repeated delays) - and instead solicited the Aliens version with the Powerloader in time for the Covenant release. I suppose that has to wait until the cinematic release of Blomkamp's Alien film. Or maybe they could, y'know, release Covenant figures for the Covenant film and Alien 5 figures with Alien 5 and release these Ripley figures anyway. Wacky thought I guess. Goes to show how little faith they have in this franchise.

Last edited:

I would never, ever pre-order anything on ebay...I PO'd one thru sideshow and I have another on PO (cancellable with zero repercussions) with a vendor/dealer

Hmm I wasn't planning on pre-ordering but now I'm not so sure. What does everyone else think?

In case you missed my previous post, here's what yours truly thinks...

They are prolly nudging it as close as possible to the Covenant release window. Plus Rogue push, plus Chinese NY.

I'm pretty disappointed with this half-assed effort, lack of detail to the outfit ( pants corset, white shirt; no brass snaps, pen holders or badges, jumpsuit vs 2 piece pants and top, sculpted vs rooted hair, etc.).

The best possible outcome COULD and SHOULD be a Big Chap 2.0.

This is such bull****, pardon my french, but this feels like an eternity. We have officially waited 3 years for this figure...she better be damn worth the wait. hopefully, she gets released earlier than the release date. I'm honestly bored of waiting and waiting and waiting. I FEEL LIKE THEY JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS CHARACTER. It's sad because it is my favorite movie of all time. Alien (1979) and Aliens (1986) have stood the test of time, making them, two very well known and classic films and Hot Toys gives better treatment to newer characters that were in movies much worse like Suicide Squad and BVS. They have released three versions of Batman and Two versions of the Joker, both characters from overhyped and to be honest not very good movies...I just don't understand why we have waited so long for such an important piece to us collectors?

But Hot Toys don't make characters they "care" about, they make characters that sell, they're a business.
We'll get Ripley, but i imagine she is pretty low on the "hurry" calendar with the huge amount of Star Wars/Marvel/DC stuff HT is pumping out all year round that is very popular and generating huge profits for the company.

I think expecting her around Covenant is a smart bet.

They should announce a PO for Big Chap 2.0 during Ripley release week in HK.

They can then use that "Enthusiasm" to announce the PO for the first of the Covenant figs.

What they SHOULD have done in the beginning was offer a Lucky Star (Moebius Space Suit) Ripley BC 2.0 2-pack and offer this Ripley and a BC 2.0 as separate figures. Done. If those did well, then explore other characters in the line like Ash.

But they didn't care. They'll care more if Covenant does well, which to me, looks like another rehash/recycling of memorable elements and scenes. Anyone seen the trailer, the shower scene with the tail curling around her ankles? Lambert anyone?

Last edited:
Back