1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should announce a PO for Big Chap 2.0 during Ripley release week in HK.

They can then use that "Enthusiasm" to announce the PO for the first of the Covenant figs.

What they SHOULD have done in the beginning was offer a Lucky Star (Moebius Space Suit) Ripley BC 2.0 2-pack and offer this Ripley and a BC 2.0 as separate figures. Done. If those did well, then explore other characters in the line like Ash.

But they didn't care. They'll care more if Covenant does well, which to me, looks like another rehash/recycling of memorable elements and scenes. Anyone seen the trailer, the shower scene with the tail curling around her ankles? Lambert anyone?

I wonder though if any of the actors contracts for Covenant included likeness rights? For big studios such as Disney and Sony, if you make a movie with them, you're almost assured of having a likeness clause for merchandising if you want to do the film. Since Scott usually produces his own movies, I wonder how much 'merchandising' mindset is behind him, probably not much I'd assume. The only reason we have some Prometheus merchandise is probably due to NECA going after that license which had them get the actor's likenesses etc...Scott does not strike me as the filmmaker who gives one iota about merchandising tie in's. Noble on one hand, but frustrating for fans since there is a market for it.

That two pack Ripley/BC would be a killer idea but I don't think it'll ever get made.

...Lambert anyone?

That is no doubt the point. Not only does it make sense to reference the original, but it makes a lot of sense that the attack pattern is the same for the same species of xenomorph. And yes, the whole shower scene is somehow cliche, but the original was full of classic horror cliches as well. It was the different setting, the acting and the esthetics that made the difference. Let's hope that will be true for covernant as well - I don't see anything in the trailer that gives reason to disqualify the movie already.

I guess they didn't recycle Ripley either... :lol She is cute, though.

a3IHc8t.jpg

It's a girl, in an undershirt, with a gun... we'll see.

Uhm... that's Katherine Waterston, she plays the lead (Ripley) in Covenant. :lol

Btw, she is tall, 5' 11" and lanky just like Ripley, forget the similar short hair cut and wardrobe.

Last edited:
indeed

kate.jpg

I still don't know if
Spoiler Spoiler:

The only thing ive seen her in is Fantastic Beasts, and she had zero screen presence and was a very dull actress.

I think the trailer was very "fan service" and already contained too much of it.
But... to be fair it is a consequence of the Prometheus bashing. So many complaints about the fact that people didn't see the connection with the other Alien movies. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm not saying Prometheus wasn't flawed but in its own right it was an interesting movie. Most people failed to see this because they just wanted to see the Xenomorphs.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I think the trailer was very "fan service" and already contained too much of it.
But... to be fair it is a consequence of the Prometheus bashing. So many complaints about the fact that people didn't see the connection with the other Alien movies. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm not saying Prometheus wasn't flawed but in its own right it was an interesting movie. Most people failed to see this because they just wanted to see the Xenomorphs.

I agree with that. I'm one of the few who actually liked Prometheus. I knew it wouldn't be a direct tie in and concept wise I thought it interesting

If that's the case, Ridley has truly jumped the shark and has no business making films anymore.

If that is the 'direct' tie in which has been discussed I think that's a weak one to go with. I for one don't
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think people who hated Prometheus hated it because there are so many scenes that doesn't make sense rather than due to a lack of xenomorphs. The premise is interesting, the visuals is great, but the script itself is a failure.

Spot on, that's the only issue I had with it, other than it not making sense it was a great film lol. :D

I think people who hated Prometheus hated it because there are so many scenes that doesn't make sense rather than due to a lack of xenomorphs. The premise is interesting, the visuals is great, but the script itself is a failure.

Give the man and the movie a chance dammit....

pDWJCfz.gif

I did, with Brometheus.

I agree with that. I'm one of the few who actually liked Prometheus. I knew it wouldn't be a direct tie in and concept wise I thought it interesting

If that is the 'direct' tie in which has been discussed I think that's a weak one to go with. I for one don't
Spoiler Spoiler:

He's drinking from the fan fiction well :lol

I think the cinematography is the best he's ever done. That being said, I love the premise, but I hated the final product. I found the second and third act pretty lackluster. Whether Xenos come from random impregnation and crossbreeding in Brothemeus remains to be seen... they should of just went with the original script.

He since made The Martian. He just needs a good writer and he'll make great stuff. Like it always was for him.

I haven't seen that since I hate Damon.

He can make pretty films, but yes he needs a writer that hasn't drank the fan fiction Kool-Aid.

I haven't seen that since I hate Damon.

He can make pretty films, but yes he needs a writer that hasn't drank the fan fiction Kool-Aid.

Well, I didn't like the book The Martian a lot because the main character was just annoying - and didn't really deserve to be rescued... ;-) Matt Damon totally made the dude likable. He was good in that one.

Martian was decent. It was a must see on the big screen due to cinematography. It was way better than Gravity which I personally thought was ridiculous.

Back