1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gravity was a turd. I can suspend disbelief to a point, but not in that. It was silly. Plus, I'm not a Bullock fan and I find Clooney insufferable.

Gravity was a turd. I can suspend disbelief to a point, but not in that. It was silly. Plus, I'm not a Bullock fan and I find Clooney insufferable.
i don't watch a movie if there is a clooney in it. can't stand his eternal speakingtalkingbabblingbaaaaah.
it was nice to see him die and shut up finally!
though then he returned and began talking again.

i don't watch a movie if there is a clooney in it. can't stand his eternal speakingtalkingbabblingbaaaaah.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I started watching Gravity. Fell asleep, and woke up for the ending. Wife said I didn't miss much.
the movie was nice. falling asleep? i couldn't watch any of star craps because of sleeping several times in the process, i always sleep through alien 1.
may be you're old, and movies with something happening in them switch you off because of flashing scenes, like modern marvel crap does to me? :lol

Well, it sounds like you did watch a movie with a clooney in it after all. :lol

yeah! i heard he dies in it. imagine my frustration when he continued talking even from the grave. nothing stops him.

indeed he can even create his own imaginary gravitational force which pulls him away in zero G....probably his ego creating it....

That is not what happens. In zero g even the tiniest force will make you move. Forever.

Jesus I know that....I was making fun of how he 'dies' in the movie because the moment the tether went taught he would stop moving away from Bullock, and all she had to do was gently tug the line towards her with him hanging on and they'll embrace in hugs etc...the movie he's being tugged away as if something is pulling his feet hence why he opts to 'let go'....the whole scenario was ******** and would not happen in zero g at all...which is one of the many aspects of that movie I dislike.

Jesus I know that....I was making fun of how he 'dies' in the movie because the moment the tether went taught he would stop moving away from Bullock, and all she had to do was gently tug the line towards her with him hanging on and they'll embrace in hugs etc...the movie he's being tugged away as if something is pulling his feet hence why he opts to 'let go'....the whole scenario was ******** and would not happen in zero g at all...which is one of the many aspects of that movie I dislike.

Wow!!? Something happens in a sci fi movie that isn't totally scientific correct!!?? Joking ;-)

I enjoyed Gravity when I saw it in IMAX 3D but had to suspend my disbelief from the very beginning. I do still enjoy the complete irony of a movie being named after a law of physics yet having no idea how that law of physics actually works, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

indeed he can even create his own imaginary gravitational force which pulls him away in zero G....probably his ego creating it....

:lol:lol:lol

Yep.

And if we want to get technical, it's not zero G at all.

Speaking of zero G, gravity and things tying back to Ripley, when she shoots BC with the grappling gun it obviously sticks to him and then pushes him out the door finally (he was hanging on). Then the door closes and slams shut on the cable. There is a newtonian inertia reaction as once the line is taught, it yanks BC back towards the shuttle, which is how he's able to hide in the engine. So.....would that opposite direction 'tug' towards the shuttle happen, in real zero g?

reference

But wait....BC has acid blood....how long would that grapple hold him before it melted it free?

Looks dead on. IMG_4478.JPGIMG_5141.JPG

Besides skimping on the outfit, they forgot to sculpt her upper eyelids. This has been pointed out many times here, doubt they'll do anything about it. Just goes to show they don't care. Anyway, maybe they'll wake up and smell the Blitzway.

Back