1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like nothing more than to get excited about Covenant, but Prometheus pretty much ruined the 'Alien prequel' concept for me. And from what I've read, they're going to midichlorian-ize the creature even more in this one.

Having said that, I'll probably be there on opening night...

i've seen that guy on the right in some movie.

Wasn't he in Shawshank Redemption?

798608e316d81c3b054f95cccc9574c3.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like nothing more than to get excited about Covenant, but Prometheus pretty much ruined the 'Alien prequel' concept for me. And from what I've read, they're going to midichlorian-ize the creature even more in this one.

Having said that, I'll probably be there on opening night...
I just couldn't stomach Promethius, and I'm not throwing a cent towards Cov... Ridley is losing it. I just pray to the mighty golden balls of Odin that he doesn't screw up Bladerunner...

I think that's what they're going for. I honestly think this movie is gonna end up a mess just like Prometheus, with its astronomically unlikely coincidences, and its total disregard for established continuity.

That's one of my biggest problems with Blomkamp's Aliens sequels. He's showed pictures of what he wants to do to the pulse rifles, and that includes modern rail systems, red dot sights etc. Looks like a pulse rifle was thrown through a Call of Duty customization screen. I'm also afraid it's gonna end up looking like the Aliens universe is a shared universe with District 9 with Aliens running around South Africa.

His mock up of the pulse rifle was cringe worthy. If you are not serious about updating it realistically or start from scratch then leave the design alone and turn your attention elsewhere to leave your mark. His skill to me is in the tech areas of his movies so he should stick to that if he is indeed doing A 5 or what ever it will turn out to be. Give us a new take on the power loader suit, or the marines vehicles.

And as for the mother angle with the new lead.........I just hope it was a fan theory that got mixed up in the hype and its not gonna be true.

For me, Ripley' story ended on Fury 161. If they really want to keep her around in some form they can use her offspring Ripley 8 or even Amanda.

Just my two cents. I'm no longer that interested in seeing Alien5 from Blomkamp. I also see Ripleys end in A3. I'll much rather see him do District 10 or what it would be called. D9 is one of my favorite movies - it doesn't need a sequel, but still.
Second, I think that RS proved with The Martian that he can still do it - so I have some hope for A:C.
And third, he's not gonna screw up Blade Runner as it's in the best hands possible - Denis Villeneuve's.

Just my two cents. I'm no longer that interested in seeing Alien5 from Blomkamp. I also see Ripleys end in A3. I'll much rather see him do District 10 or what it would be called. D9 is one of my favorite movies - it doesn't need a sequel, but still.
Second, I think that RS proved with The Martian that he can still do it - so I have some hope for A:C.
And third, he's not gonna screw up Blade Runner as it's in the best hands possible - Denis Villeneuve's.

I also enjoyed The Martian, which also like you gives me hope for AC despite the trailer leaving me with mixed feelings.

Scott has always been hit and miss, for every 3 crap movies he makes, he then makes an amazing classic.

I feel like he may actually get Covenant right. I liked Prometheus, aside from some stupid motives by characters, i thought the story was good and the visuals were amazing. But i want more Alien, not semi prequel Engineer movies.

I do think Bloomkamps Alien will get made, it just wont be any time soon.

At this point, just make a movie adaptation of the game Alien Isolation.....serious.....

At this point, just make a movie adaptation of the game Alien Isolation.....serious.....

Personally I don't like the idea of Amanda Ripley also encountering the Alien and surviving. Not every generation has the exact same experiences and character as the one before and after. That old lady from the photograph in Aliens never even went into space if you ask me.

Also am I mistaken or doesn't that game take place on the Nostromo....which shouldn't even exist anymore....

Personally I don't like the idea of Amanda Ripley also encountering the Alien and surviving. Not every generation has the exact same experiences and character as the one before and after. That old lady from the photograph in Aliens never even went into space if you ask me.

Also am I mistaken or doesn't that game take place on the Nostromo....which shouldn't even exist anymore....

It doesn't take place on the Nostromo. The only tie in is that supposedly the flight recorder of the nostromo is found, and on a space station and a WY team is sent to retrieve it. Amanda goes along with several others. As you progress through the game you can encounter and play back Nostromo crew log messages at various terminals, and ultimately a final message from Ellen to Amanda. The station has a similar design and overall 'look' of the Nostromo but it's not the same. There are enough fan service things in it for it to stand alone while also pay homage, including a more '79 alien' looking Xeno than the '86 xeno's.

Back