1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would be perfect if.... if they made a Griff.

:exactly: :lol

I honestly really don't see any other pose you can put this figure in where the expression won't look...awkward or peculiar.

Maybe this?

back-to-the-future-ii-01.jpg

:exactly: [emoji38]

I honestly really don't see any other pose you can put this figure in where the expression won't look...awkward or peculiar.

Maybe this?

back-to-the-future-ii-01.jpg
Thank you! This is exactly how I'm going to display my Marty. This or with my wild gunman. I'm glad I it comes with the gun.
089d556d5abe951a19e4a1b0fa6f1d07.jpg

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm guessing that's the main photo they based this on. But even there Fox seems to have a slightly more determined or intense look on his face than what we see in the sculpt.

Marty’s hair on the HT looks like a wig to me it doesn’t look right and his face looks like is holding a turd in

I don't think marty is as bad as some folks are saying. It ain't Yondu or old man Solo but it's passable. Like most HT sculpts some angles look better than others.

I don't think marty is as bad as some folks are saying. It ain't Yondu or old man Solo but it's passable. Like most HT sculpts some angles look better than others.

I was looking at FB photos, he does look pretty good overall. I think the first figure was a better effort though.

Regarding the sculpt, I don't think it's so much the facial likeness as it is the expression. The likeness isn't perfect, but I think the expression they went with didn't really help it that much.

Yeah I think the likeness is fine. It's more the head looking out of proportion with the body, wrong colour hair and the bland expression.

The expression they went with just looks wrong with most of the poses they put him in for those pics. I don't mind a neutral pose but at least give it some life. A half smirk/smile, sense of determination, fear, or confusion...I dunno...just anything but that empty souless look.

I'm gonna go ahead with my order anyway and see how looks in hand. Hopefully Doc releases soon.

Despite being actual hair, I actually think rooted hair can sometimes kind of cheapen the look of a figure in making it look too doll-like. I think there's more cases where it doesn't work than does work. There's only a few instances where it actually does work better than sculpted hair on figures.

I'm so glad the Star Wars line has stayed away from rooted hair on female figures. Hopefully it's a licensing thing that keeps them from using it, because if AOU Black Widow is any indication, they absolutely could have used it for Jyn and the new Rey.

Back