1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had to (or decided to) replace the body of the Marty figure? Mine took a tumble - leg broke at the hip. Ordered a body from eBay that looked to be the right height.......and his head doesn't fit on the neck. Looking for a replacement body that will work. Thanks
I don't think that neck comes on a necked body, if that's what you're asking. The only thing that comes close in size would be the ANH Luke body.
It's only available as a separate neck. The most recent figure that has that neck is Night Monkey. There are many bootleg figures that come with the body(Without neck), some notable examples being the recent bootleg '66 Robin, and the two pack present toys poison maker(Where it's the Jesse body you're after).
There's also an older DAM Toys body that looks muscular but is a knock-off version of the TTM22. It was released as a standalone body with head, and came with a Daryl Dixon head. These are relatively expensive on the secondary market now, but there are other Dam bodies that have the same look with an attached neck. As the majority of DAM bodies are meant for muscular soldiers, it's easy to look at them and think they are too hench to work, but theolder ones are slender in size, even if they do have thicker thighs(Those can be swapped easily, or dremelled to be thinner if you're brave enough).
If you haven't just blindly bought something else yet(Lol), i can have a look and see if the Marty head fits that body. Hang fire and i'll get some pics.

Thanks for the info. Proper replacement body sounds like it's going to be tough to locate. Couple pics of the broken original (which I'm pretty sure in not fixable) and the one I got off eBay. Height is comparable. Feet and hands fit fine. The neck on this replacement is just a tad bit too wide which keeps the head from snapping onto the neck. Emailed Hot Toys but no response.

Attachments

• IMG_7912.jpg
    IMG_7912.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7913.jpg
    IMG_7913.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the info. Proper replacement body sounds like it's going to be tough to locate. Couple pics of the broken original (which I'm pretty sure in not fixable) and the one I got off eBay. Height is comparable. Feet and hands fit fine. The neck on this replacement is just a tad bit too wide which keeps the head from snapping onto the neck. Emailed Hot Toys but no response.
Well.
That looks like bad news. But. It CAN be fixed.
Here’s how I know.
Last year I sold a HT Tank Commander that was in great condition.
I had taken loads of pics and it was fine.
So I sold it for a bargain price and posted it.
The guy opened it and the legs were just as you show above.
I had a spare and volunteered to post that to him. He just wanted his money back(Which told me he used my perfect one to replace his broken one for free).
Anyway. There are screw hole covers on the back of the hips. I popped those off, and took the hips apart. I was able to drill holes into the broken pegs and install screws as wide as the original joints. A bit of finagling and it all went back together a lot tighter and easier to pose.
So, it can be fixed.
You just need all the right tools and know how.

Back