1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Well if it's a con exclusive, then there's precedent for reusing a sculpt. And HT have even done it for non exclusives with some of the Rogers and Stark heads. So it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Well if it's a con exclusive, then there's precedent for reusing a sculpt. And HT have even done it for non exclusives with some of the Rogers and Stark heads. So it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

True, makes me wonder why they'd go so far as to get the Nike license for a con exclusive but not for the pair of Bruins on part 1 Marty.

It does say it's not final though so there's still room for changes and more accessories. But still (I've said it a lot today, both on and offline) I would rather they focus on Doc Brown and not make it an "exclusive" than spend time creating various Marty McFly clones in different outfits in this quick succession. Smacks of Iron Man, if you know what I mean.

I can't agree with that. Marty's primary look from the sequel isn't random Iron Man who spent 10 seconds on the screen. I know folks want to get a BTTF 1 Doc a lot--I do, as well--but Hot Toys' resources aren't being eaten up by this figure to such an extent that they couldn't do Doc if they wanted to. Look at all the stuff HT is pumping out! And about 80% of it is either Star Wars or Marvel.

Nevermind it's not an Exclusive. Sideshow is putting that label on every figure.

That's BS if there's no new sculpt of hat
Meh I mean the hat is okay but I probably wouldn't display this version of Marty with it. He really didn't wear it too long. Plus Michael J Fox really didn't change that much looks wise between the films so a new sculpt would have been nice but I don't think its essential.

As far as people saying this figure is just a kitbash or whatever I'm not sure what was really expected if this version was made. His outfit between the first two films is the same things he wore in the first film only minus the button up shirt, jean jacket and vest. He had the same jeans and red shirt in the sequel and the same shoes. The only real differences were the self lacing shoes and jacket in the future scenes (and pockets pulled out).

If an Eastwood version of Marty is done there should be a new sculpt or at least an interchangeable hair piece because him wearing a cowboy hat with that version is essential.

I blame Marty & Doc traveling to 2015. We are probably in some alternate timeline where they aren't dressing like that now.
View attachment 195559

That sounds very reasonable and explains alot. I always wondered what happened to all the "Sharks"-movies. Also I just realized that our cars still dont fly, which explains why there is still no traffic road in the skies... Would have been great to be in the other timeline, but as I am not the skaterboy anyway I dont think I am missing that much. :dunno

Nevermind it's not an Exclusive. Sideshow is putting that label on every figure.

Thanks for clarrifying. Hope you are right because it would be kind of disappointing if this is already an almost finished product. Hell, I would die for Hot Toys finding a way to work with Trevor for some decent Marty headsculpts...

That sounds very reasonable and explains alot. I always wondered what happened to all the "Sharks"-movies. Also I just realized that our cars still dont fly, which explains why there is still no traffic road in the skies... Would have been great to be in the other timeline, but as I am not the skaterboy anyway I dont think I am missing that much. :dunno

Thanks for clarrifying. Hope you are right because it would be kind of disappointing if this is already an almost finished product. Hell, I would die for Hot Toys finding a way to work with Trevor for some decent Marty headsculpts...
Pretty positive on that. They have everything labelled as an Exclusive on their website. Maria Hill, Marty, Veronica, Part II Delorean and just about everything else. Hoping they fix the hair and give us a hat version.

Glad to hear this probably isn't an exclusive figure. That means more chance for extra accessories and a new sculpt! While it's true that he didn't wear the hat long though, it's something that would more clearly distinguish him from the version from the first film. And also, it's colorful and distinctive, so it would make the figure better pop on the shelf. If this is a regular release, I would expect to see one.

Pretty cool but I'm good with the original BTTF1 Marty. This kinda looks half assed. Love the cardboard water stand.

Would have much preferred Doc.

:exactly: The figure looks good, but I'll probably pass.... I want a Doc figure already!! :gah:

Please, please make a Doc Brown already! :gah:

:lecture This!!! :lecture

They will probably make a Marty from BTTF part 3 in his cowboy getup much like cowboy Stark.

Man, I hope it turns out better than that! :lol

I thought Doc looked cool in the western getup and the cool futuristic rifle he had for a brief time.

So they didn't get the NIKE rights for the more iconic BTTF version, but now they have the NIKE rights for the BTTF2 figure? I call bulll**** and shenanigans!

Well one big difference could be that the shoe design for the part 1 version was more generic. For part 2, that is a very distinctive shoe--logo or no logo. Hot Toys would have its pants sued off if they tried to get away with that one.

I wonder if it has to do with certain licensing rights that BTTF might own on those shoes in conjunction with Nike, considering they were made specially for the movie and not an existing shoe like the Bruins.

Well one big difference could be that the shoe design for the part 1 version was more generic. For part 2, that is a very distinctive shoe--logo or no logo. Hot Toys would have its pants sued off if they tried to get away with that one.

I wonder if it has to do with certain licensing rights that BTTF might own on those shoes in conjunction with Nike, considering they were made specially for the movie and not an existing shoe like the Bruins.

All valid points. I'm just a little sour from the SSC Beetlejuice debacle, so I'm taking out my anger on poor Marty :lol

They still managed to get a better Keaton likeness than the Bruce Wayne sculpt by HT... :wink1:
Eh I dunno. The Batman Returns Keaton sculpt on display at SDCC while not perfect is better than what we initially saw. At least you know with Hot Toys they'll deliver at least that. Sideshow on the other hand is kind of a crapshoot on how the final product will turn out.

Back