• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale 1/6 Display Stands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom Star Wars Bases for 1/6 Figures

Thanks Coco! As a collector with LIMITED space the majority of my figures are in museum poses; 4" bases would definitely work on some of them but to be safe I should probably step them up to 4.5". Can I change up my order:

Three 5" round black (double thickness(?)...like you've always made)

Three 4.5" round black (double thickness)

Two 5" round black (1/4" thin...if you've had success solidly mounting the crotch grabber in the thin material). I want these for Han and Chewie...thin base so I can fit Chewie in a Detolf without purposely bending his legs.

Eight bases total; yes I'm changing out my collection to Coco Bases where I can. I don't need to see Death Star grates and name plates under my figures, they take up too much room. Message me and let me know the damage with shipping.

I think I got them all, Tinman.

image.jpeg

Hey nice bases! Do you think you would do any sand bases in red like Geonosis or plated metal looking floors? Thanks

Hey nice bases! Do you think you would do any sand bases in red like Geonosis or plated metal looking floors? Thanks

Thanks, mech! No, I probably won't be doing any Geonosis stands unless HT puts out a figure specific to a scene for it.

I painted a couple a metallic gray once, which looked nice, but for now I don't plan on doing metallic bases.

Looks like Coco, how are the thin single-layer bases working out? I'm liking the 4.5 inchers; two of those side-by-side saves an inch id shelf space! Standing by for the damage report.

Yeah, I'm liking the smaller stands for some figures too. That 1/4" stand works great! I was concerned that the post would be loose in one so thin but it's plenty tight. I'll work up a total and send you a pm when I get a chance.

Roger...I really like the doubled bases but Chewbacca won't easily fit if I use one; I may have to come up with a solution for that.

Really like those bases too! Might have you make me a few along with the 1/4 Fett base and snow ones.

Ever finish that full Detolf shelf diorama you were talking about?

New trampled on sand style base for the Jakku village scene.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And a prototype Jundland Wastes style Detolf shelf plate.

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ever evolving Coco...nice! I haven't added a New Order Stormtrooper to my collection...but that photo makes me want to.

Ever evolving Coco...nice! I haven't added a New Order Stormtrooper to my collection...but that photo makes me want to.

I really like the round trampled sand look. I'll be switching Kylo and my TFA troopers over to them as soon as I get more made.

The Detolf plate didn't turn out like I'd hoped. I was so used to painting the small stands that I didn't take in to account how fast my glaze would dry on a larger piece so it looks darker and less textured than I wanted it to be. Unless there's lots of interest in them I probably won't make anymore.

Related to the above...maybe a longer tube with a crotch-grabber would work for a Superman floating pose?

I don't think just the crotch grabber would hold him but the crotch/waste grabber combo that SS offers would.

image.jpeg

Or if I could get a hold of those spring loaded waste grabbers HT uses that would be ideal.

image.jpeg

AWESOME displays but I'm not sure what I'm looking at...I gather that's mostly your work with the SS crotch/waste grabber holding op the figure? I've never seen them before.

Thanks! The top pic just shows how SS's grabber combo supports the figure and the lower pic is a plastic tube inserted in a hole drilled in the base of my display with a Hot Toys waste grabber. If I could get done of those grabbers HT uses I could easily make floating figure bases with an extended tube like you mentioned.

Back