1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few little updates on max, I added a black wash to the fingers and removed some of the desert yellow from the stomach and I ended up glueing the shotty in the handView attachment 649825View attachment 649826View attachment 649827i forgot to show the back last time View attachment 649828and a pic in normal lighting for the sake of it View attachment 649829and lastly I added the plate that goes across the boot that's part of the leg brace, I had bought the premier toys leg brace thinking it'd be the best one but I didn't end up using it so I just popped that brace off the boot and took the plate off and cleaned it up, then glued it to the dark toys boot, it just fits there's a tiny gap View attachment 649830View attachment 649831View attachment 649832guys did I weather the brace too much do ya think ?
Looks fantastic! Really nice work.

Making these for my Road Warrior Max, working also on a full real leather belt, straps and holster....now if only the USPS just deliver my figure I will be really happy, stuck in US Customs for 7 days, now the package is back in USPS hands but it seems now is stuck in a distribution center in NY "in transit to destination"...is making me nervous it's limbo status.
FB_IMG_1686031023974.jpg

Making these for my Road Warrior Max, working also on a full real leather belt, straps and holster....now if only the USPS just deliver my figure I will be really happy, stuck in US Customs for 7 days, now the package is back in USPS hands but it seems now is stuck in a distribution center in NY "in transit to destination"...is making me nervous it's limbo status.
View attachment 649909
Amazing work mate ! Wow

Also I forgot to mention I dry brushed the metal parts with a dark brown then wiped some of it off

Last edited:
Mine did, based on the tracker. It shows the following:

1. Jul 15, 2023
    10:02am
    Departed from Origin Country

Thanks for the reply!
After a week of patiently waiting for it to ship I just received this message:

"Thanks for your understanding and support. We are deeply sorry to inform you that the item ... in stock has some damage and is under after-sale service by our supplier. It may takes 1 month . So in order to provide you the best shopping experience, we can make refund to you now. And if you prefer some other items from us we can change the item for you. If you can accept it, pls inform us. Thank you. Any further questions, pls freely contact us. Kind regards, Yours, sincerely."

Which roughly translates to: Sorry, we don't have enough in stock so we have to cancel your order...
So I got lucky once again... :sick:

Thanks for the reply!
After a week of patiently waiting for it to ship I just received this message:

"Thanks for your understanding and support. We are deeply sorry to inform you that the item ... in stock has some damage and is under after-sale service by our supplier. It may takes 1 month . So in order to provide you the best shopping experience, we can make refund to you now. And if you prefer some other items from us we can change the item for you. If you can accept it, pls inform us. Thank you. Any further questions, pls freely contact us. Kind regards, Yours, sincerely."

Which roughly translates to: Sorry, we don't have enough in stock so we have to cancel your order...
So I got lucky once again... :sick:
I got the exact message when I reached out to the seller asking when it would ship. I guess they oversold or want to sell it at a higher price. The most frustrating thing is that they didn't reach out to me to let me know until I contacted them.

I got the exact message when I reached out to the seller asking when it would ship. I guess they oversold or want to sell it at a higher price. The most frustrating thing is that they didn't reach out to me to let me know until I contacted them.
Yeah... they like to do that. Been through this before.
When my order didn't ship the next day I expected as much. But I intentionally didn't write them to ask about it this time 'cause I was hoping that maybe they could secure some more stock... Guess not... :monkey4

Sorry to hear that you suffered the same fate.

Yeah... they like to do that. Been through this before.
When my order didn't ship the next day I expected as much. But I intentionally didn't write them to ask about it this time 'cause I was hoping that maybe they could secure some more stock... Guess not... :monkey4

Sorry to hear that you suffered the same fate.
Yeah, it's a bummer. Hoping more go up soon.

Wait for the more improved KO version.
IF I was sure that we'd get one at some point soon I definitely would wait.
But unfortunately that's not a given... So I'd take one of the regular Dark Toys heads for now (if the price is right) just to be on the save side.

My KG-Hobby Dark Toys Max is STILL in USPS "in transit" to destination, after 7 days in US Customs and now 4 days in USPS hands and no update, the package was suppose to be delivered by July 10 by USPS system estimate of time for delivery, now I get every day the dreaded USPS automatic system message "your package is arriving later than expected, still in transit to final destination"...wich make me think the real explanation is "WE the USPS lost or mishandled your package and we don't want to tell you"...givin it a few more days, then will proceed to contact KG Hobby and ask for my money back for lost in transit package.

This is why I no longer buy anything from China or HK...with the exception of One-Six-Kit Co. for some reason their packages NEVER seem to have a problem in transit for final delivery, sadly he was all out of stock when I was looking for this Max.

My KG-Hobby Dark Toys Max is STILL in USPS "in transit" to destination, after 7 days in US Customs and now 4 days in USPS hands and no update, the package was suppose to be delivered by July 10 by USPS system estimate of time for delivery, now I get every day the dreaded USPS automatic system message "your package is arriving later than expected, still in transit to final destination"...wich make me think the real explanation is "WE the USPS lost or mishandled your package and we don't want to tell you"...givin it a few more days, then will proceed to contact KG Hobby and ask for my money back for lost in transit package.

This is why I no longer buy anything from China or HK...with the exception of One-Six-Kit Co. for some reason their packages NEVER seem to have a problem in transit for final delivery, sadly he was all out of stock when I was looking for this Max.
This unfortunate indeed, sorry to hear that. I purchased the figure from KG some weeks ago and everything was alright. I wouldn't say thale same about USPD though, it wouldn't be the first time that they lost my shippings...

You better off using kit or giantoys. KG Is bit erratic.

Finally pulled the trigger, I should have it by Monday.
Curious to see if with the proper body the heads will look good

Will be my first attempt at weathering, I've seen the tamiya weathering kits but also people talking about pastels chalk.
Any good tutorial or advices. From those who did theirs.
Wich color to use?
How to apply?
And how make them permanent?

Also read about adding red to the face how one would do that?

Thanks

Finally pulled the trigger, I should have it by Monday.

Monday!? And you just pilled the trigger? Once again, I'm jealous of Paris. I bought this on the 12th and its still out there.

Usually with Kit, its 8 travel days and in my hand, but this one's been traveling for 10 days and only now "cleared customs" in China. I think its finally on a plane to the USA which usually means at least another 3 days to me but with the weekend here, I don't expect this in-hand until next week.

Long time traveling for Max.

Back