1:6 Commander Gree Product Page Up!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anybody's trying burst the bubble of the people happy with this figure, and is fine with it. This isn't as silly as the complaints people have about their Stormtrooper's eyes being symmetrical or Vader's widows peak supposed to be lower. The "complaint" is very valid that the color is simply off and it's kind of hard to miss and I don't think it's hard to get Sideshow to fix that before his release. This is how I was hoping he'd look like
Attakus%20Star%20Wars%20Commander%20Gree%20Statue.jpg

so with Sideshow's awesome track record, I am kind of bummed out we're getting this
21831_press01-001.jpg

isn't it?
:dunno

Personally, I don't see how it could be.

But then, as an articulation snob...maybe I have no room to talk. And maybe I should understand. I am not OK with decreased articulation but I could not care less if the figure is perfectly screen accurate so long as it is a great representation of the character. And I feel that has been accomplished on this character.

he's still awesome
and I'm still getting him
its not a major issue with me
but I can understand the people for wich it is

I guess maybe I should ask this...

WHY is it so important to have the action figure look perfectly like the character did in the movie.

For example...I like articulation because I like to play with the figures. That is why I choose the action figure format over the statue formats.

But what is hindered by the change in the camoflage pattern on a figure's armor?

I guess maybe I should ask this...

WHY is it so important to have the action figure look perfectly like the character did in the movie.

For example...I like articulation because I like to play with the figures. That is why I choose the action figure format over the statue formats.

But what is hindered by the change in the camoflage pattern on a figure's armor?

Some of us collect these figures because we love the source material, not just bendy things.

I think the great and sometimes worst things about SW fans are there attention to every little detail. Look at the two pics of Gree I put up on the last page. One is very screen accurate in it's details, which also happens to look more visually pleasing with his entire camo more in unison while the other is just simply a "good enough" representation. If Sideshow asked you to pick one of them for their paint scheme, which one would you pick?

Ya know...complaining about the forearm and thigh armor really is kind of...well...I don't want to sound insulting...but...it's kind of...pathetic...really...:peace

Dude... the colors are completely wrong. It would be like them doing Commander Cody and making the orange parts red. That would be wrong - right?

In this case - they've done the wrong colors for Gree.

I don't nitpick things and usually groan or even get a chuckle out of people who can tear apart something(s) with every single toy, statue, etc. that has ever been released. But when someone makes a figure who had grayish-green camo and they do it in tan and brown - well that's a pretty big miss.

No things don't have to be "exact" but they should be somewhat close and this isn't close. You surely can't look at Verbal's post with the two pictures and agree that the SS one is "close enough" to the other picture. SS's looks like two different figures were cut in half and merged whereas the other one from Attakus is right on target.

This is how I was hoping he'd look like
Attakus%20Star%20Wars%20Commander%20Gree%20Statue.jpg

so with Sideshow's awesome track record, I am kind of bummed out we're getting this
21831_press01-001.jpg

Gah. I know lots and lots of people think SSC knocked this one out of the park (and I'm glad for those of you who do) but that Attakus looks like Gree stepped right out of the movie. The Sideshow Gree is just starting to look like a mess from head to toe with those colors.

Simply put the paint apps on this figure are " Brutal" !!!!!:gah:
When you look at the pictures Verbal12 put up, you see what is possible, and what SSC has come up with...it actually is ridiculous...given this is higher profit margin release, given this is a simple re-tool. Given the price point they could have invested in a better paint method if need be.
What a serious let down on one of the most anticipated clones.:mad:

Ok, a few quick thoughts: if the body dimensions are a bit off, then it is what it is and we'll probably have to live with it. SS is going to use the Prometheus body and existing clone armor as much as possible. I can live with that. The paint apps ARE wrong, but I think it's too soon to get riled over it. The figure hasn't even been shown at Comic Con yet and this is a prototype, the final product will almost certainly vary. The truly important thing is how the factory apps turn out. The feedback to send to SS is: tone down the yellow/tan and bump up the green on leg, forearm, belt and codpiece armor. Blur the edges a bit. More variegated. Mirroring on the visor. Make the dark green and greys a little more muted. And fercrissakes, repaint Cody's 'holo-palpatine' hand and include it with Gree! All easy tweaks withing SS's ability prior to release. See? Fixed!

The figure hasn't even been shown at Comic Con yet and this is a prototype, the final product will almost certainly vary.

I pretty much always have the sit back and wait until I have it in my hand approach, but this is pretty much the only reason I'm worried
I've seen the prototype, and this isn't it, so I'm pretty sure this is already the production piece, just like the Battle Droids. That's how it's due for release this same quarter.

I pretty much always have the sit back and wait until I have it in my hand approach, but this is pretty much the only reason I'm worried

Uhhh oh, I hadn't seen Surfer's post before - okay, that IS cause for concern. NOW I am peeved at SSC. :gah: That is a big letdown, in light of their on-the-money execution of Cody and Rex. :slap Grrrrrr....I take back some of my previous praise for SS's upcoming line-up - step up your game, SS!

Uhhh oh, I hadn't seen Surfer's post before - okay, that IS cause for concern. NOW I am peeved at SSC. :gah: That is a big letdown, in light of their on-the-money execution of Cody and Rex. :slap Grrrrrr....I take back some of my previous praise for SS's upcoming line-up - step up your game, SS!

Cool your jets. We're gonna see this in a few days. Then you can keep or cancel.

Easy.

The point of Gree's camouflage is to make him flatten with the natural sorrounding. Well done by Attakus (looks like done directly in the battle zone), poorly done by SS (looks like use the three colours leeves, clay, mud somewhere on your armour), 'fraid!

I know the armour wass all CGI, but that doesn't prevent someone from making it look 100% alike in the movies:
gree.jpg

and it should've looked like the 41st Elite ...
41_Elite_Kashyyyk.jpg

The feedback to send to SS is: tone down the yellow/tan and bump up the green on leg, forearm, belt and codpiece armor. Blur the edges a bit. More variegated. Mirroring on the visor. Make the dark green and greys a little more muted. And fercrissakes, repaint Cody's 'holo-palpatine' hand and include it with Gree!
The first bit of feedback that SSC's R&D folks need to hear is - watch the film again! :lol

Khonsu70 - nice summation of the tweaks required - I agree 100%, but the real question is.. why do WE need to tell THEM how to make the figure accurate (or as close to) in the first place? :huh These guys have the SW license, they should know the source material well enough by now to not make these kinds of flubs. I'm a big fan of Gree too, & was pumped when I heard the announcement, then I saw the teaser.. :slap

These figures are high-ish end pieces, not Hasbro dollies, so; yes to those bewildered by the complaints, they need to be voiced. There's always room for both praise - & critique where appropriate. However, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, & hang on till the final pics are shown. It's only fair..

Back