1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, these will probably be a pass if they're just upscaled versions of the DCC stuff. It'll have to really blow me away if they intend for these to be fully sculpted.

I honestly would like a proper, clothed figure that's bigger than the DX TDKR and the DX09 to go up against the Arkham Bats in terms of pure muscle, I think the BTAS Bats should be about that size but I really don't see that happening. A 1/6 BTAS Bats would be the holy grail of my Batman figures. Oh well. :(

Nice boobage.

Want to see more.

tumblr_inline_nczbgvIlBo1qk1op9.gif

_

Wait, that's not Harley on the pic...

tumblr_inline_nczbgvIlBo1qk1op9.gif

_

Wait, that's not Harley on the pic...

batman animated.jpg

As for the cloth clothing for Animated figures, I never understood the obsession. All of the custom 1/6 Animated figures look too realistic with the tailored, fabric clothing and don't capture the animated look. They always look those old Hasbro 12" dolls from the late 90s where they had fabric suits but plastic heads, gloves and feet. Looked strange.

Sculpted for the Animated figures is the way to go, always has been. The characters were born out of drawings, cells, paint, animation, statues and maquettes. Cloth doesn't suit them.

I will say this though, Mondo may have over done it with the shading. I'm all for the blue stripes and highlights, but that grey shading underneath his moobs and lower abdomen is just weird.

Bet they knock the headsculpt out of the park though, unlike DCC . . .

I'm hoping this looks like the Kotobukiya statue. It's the best animated Batman on the market.
Even if the body looks like garbage, hopefully they'll include an additional cape that wraps around him.

:lecture :lecture :lol

View attachment 278221

As for the cloth clothing for Animated figures, I never understood the obsession. All of the custom 1/6 Animated figures look too realistic with the tailored, fabric clothing and don't capture the animated look. They always look those old Hasbro 12" dolls from the late 90s where they had fabric suits but plastic heads, gloves and feet. Looked strange.

Sculpted for the Animated figures is the way to go, always has been. The characters were born out of drawings, cells, paint, animation, statues and maquettes. Cloth doesn't suit them.

I will say this though, Mondo may have over done it with the shading. I'm all for the blue stripes and highlights, but that grey shading underneath his moobs and lower abdomen is just weird.

Cloth doesn't look that bad. I'm actually surprised by how many people wanted it or expected it in the first place.

11884102_10155951049845035_6673513461055796984_o.jpg

Back