1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

Headsculpt is good, proportions are good, but I dunno. Why is it a dull navy blue instead of black? If it were black, those blue highlights would pop more. It looks like an old faded figure and doesn't look anywhere as good as He-Man and Skeletor.

If this is like $60 or $80 I'll bite, but if it's the typical Mondo BS and they charge some ridiculous amount, I'm passing on this.

EDIT:

Never mind, I just saw the prices on their little Ninja Turtles. Those things are $150 right out of the gate. No way will this Batman be any less. **** that. :lol

NECA would do a better job, for much less.

200.gif

It's not horrible, in fact I kind of like it but I'm sure the price will be what sets the disappointment here. It looks like the DCC figures blown up to a bigger size but it'll cost four times that I'm sure.

Likeness is nice, but the paint apps kill it for me. Not a fan of those painted on shadows. I don't know about this one...

It's what I wished the DCC figure looked like... but

Yeah, the body, sculpt and the way the articulation is implemented is pretty great.

But the faded navy blue, paint apps and inevitable price though suck.

I messed around with the colors, but the cell shading effect and heavy paint on the abs, moobs and cheeks aren't doing the thing any favors.

Batman.jpg

Yeah, the paint is a bit excessive. I wish the head blended in with the neck shape a bit more.

Man, why couldn't that head be on the DCC? I can't see myself spending what they'll charge for something that, as others have said, will just be a DCC figure blown up twice the size for 8 times the price.

Man, why couldn't that head be on the DCC? I can't see myself spending what they'll charge for something that, as others have said, will just be a DCC figure blown up twice the size for 8 times the price.

Honestly NECA could do an better job than this.

I actually like the style of it, but I have a tough time seeing how they'd value a fully sculpted 1/6th figure at the same price as any number of more complicated, mixed media pieces in the same scale.

Back