1/4 C-3PO confirmed for 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What materials will they use, I wonder? Any chance of a polystone base with metal armor, I mean? Will they have to use a totally different approach?!?!? I am very curious!!

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but an awesome exclusive for R2 would be a dirty swampy Dagobah one. It'd need a nice little price increase, but I think people would pay it since it would be a great companion piece to the Luke and Yoda.

Not really sure about an exclusive for 3PO. I like the idea of a little Jawa. That would make it more desireable for me.

1/6th seems to follow the corresponding PF so maybe this is also good news for the 12" Threepio. Let them work out the kinks in the 1/4 scale first.

I think the PF and 1/6 figure would be very different when it comes to 3PO, though, just because of the articulation. I wonder if it's possible to use their armored body to make 3PO instead of making a totally new droid body...

1/6th seems to follow the corresponding PF so maybe this is also good news for the 12" Threepio. Let them work out the kinks in the 1/4 scale first.

What "kinks", exactly? People have been making good C-3P0 products for over 30 years!

Why do some people make it sound as if Sideshow is reinventing the wheel or discovering fire whenever they make a new SW product that is out of their usual wheelhouse? :lol

I think 3PO should be a pretty easy one to do. He wasn't the most physically articulate character. Hasbro articulation is about all he needs.

What "kinks", exactly? People have been making good C-3P0 products for over 30 years!l

Well, we've never seen a really good 1/6 scale figure of him. And I for one wouldn't not be satisfied with Hasbro articulation (the Hasbro 12" figures can't move their wrists or bend their elbows, for example, nor can they sit down). 3PO isn't going to be pulling off lots of action poses, I suppose, but I think you can certainly do better than what has been done before.

I'm thinking for 1/6 scale SS will colaborate again with Hot Toys. I have the Gentle Giant statue & there are some hardcore details on 3PO that I don't think SS could accurately pull off in 1/6.

I suppose he does need wrist articulation, but I don't think he can bend his elbows, can he? I've never noticed them in anything but that 45 degree angle.

Well, that's an interesting question. I think that theoretically (in the SW world) he should be able to since the way the suit is made makes it appear that things on the insides of his elbows function like pistons. I don't think they move on the actual suit though, so probably they could do without elbow articulation.

But he definitely needs better shoulder, ankle, hip, and knee articulation than the Hasbro figures, plus the addition of wrist and waist articulation.

I'm glad that they're announcing them separately because R2 is the only other PF that I want.

It will be interesting to see how the do the metallic gold finish on him.

A 100% must buy for me. Can't wait... and yeah, it'll be very interesting to see how they execute this piece.

It would be pretty lame if they didn't make the eyes light up. I also agree with people who have said that there needs to be some sort of combined base available so you can have C-3PO and R2-D2 together.

Personally I love the look of the Koto piece, in 1/4 scale that would be perfect! :monkey5

Just entertaining guesses for the exclusive version...hows this for an idea...

switch out right leg from the knee down...one silver and one gold...

K.

Back