1/4 C-3PO confirmed for 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Q: “These are not the droids you’re looking for.” Oh but they are! The Life-Size C-3PO and R2-D2 are very impressive indeed. But they are far out of my price range and too large for my house. So I am hoping that Sideshow will be making something equally as impressive with C-3PO and R2-D2 as Maquettes or Premium Format Figures in 1/4 scale. Does Sideshow have plans for these droids in these lines in the future?

A: Yes, you’re in luck. 1:4 scale C-3PO is currently in development, and planned for release in 2010!

What could the exclusive be and I wonder how long until R2?

exclusive could be a number of substantial things:

a light up feature
Weathering
Interchangeable Damaged Limbs
Alternate hand with commlink (compactor scene)
or a companion piece similar to crumb or the mouse droid... (jawa too big?)

it's really all down to which movie they are making him from

I'll probably get it since I'm finding myself collecting C-3PO stuff in general more and more. I'm interested to see what pose and base they use.

Wow, this is a good news indeed. Odd that R2 isn't going to come with him, but I'm sure he will follow closely behind. Odd that Sideshow admitted it too, they rarely (this is the first time I am aware of) that they admitted to something being in development.

If I still have any room left for it, I'll definitely get this. I just hope they don't pull a Fellowship on us and never do R2.

Wow, this is a good news indeed. Odd that R2 isn't going to come with him, but I'm sure he will follow closely behind. Odd that Sideshow admitted it too, they rarely (this is the first time I am aware of) that they admitted to something being in development.

It is a little odd, but maybe they want to give people some hints about upcoming big releases to keep them interested in the line.

Thanks but no , i pass loooooong pass, c-3po is a good character and loved for all fans , but pay 250 or 300 !! no. 1/6 maybe .....

It is a little odd, but maybe they want to give people some hints about upcoming big releases to keep them interested in the line.

I'm glad that SS seems to be "leaking" more info lately, just as they seem to be quicker to the response in the "Ask Sideshow" section. It's all good. I hope they keep it up. It only adds to the anticipation for me.

Sweet. Droids needed to be made in PF form. Hope R2 is soon to follow.

Back