1/4 C-3PO confirmed for 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need to do a C-3PO and R2-D2 separately, but offer a base to display them together like they did with the Monster and his Bride.

Did you say something? I'm going blind for some unknown reason. :monkey3

:lol:lol:lol you and me both :lol:lol:lol

:rock :lol

The PVC Boba Fett didn't bother me at all. A shiny PVC 3PO would be preferable to me over a dull polystone one. Unless its a Tatooine version, they may be able to get away with him being dull that way.

The PVC Fett didn't bother me at all either, I was all bent out of shape when it was announced and passed on it, then after finding one for a tremendous discount online it turned out to be one of my favorite pieces. As for Threepio, I have a feeling it will be based on the Tatooine appearance and be dulled and sandy over parts and not shiny and new.

Hands down the Premium Format should be 3PO and R2 as one piece...those two are inseperable and to make them as individual..well just doesnt sit well.. I hope they reconsider and make the as one piece.

I don't know about that, a lot of people have one focus over the other, I don't know anyone with a Threepio focus but I know a ton of people who love and would want only an Artoo. Offering them separate allows to keep the cost down and give collectors time to recoup after one to make sure they have both.

I actually only want R2. If the "PF" is a set of the 2 of them then I will not be buying them for the price alone.

I have a feeling it'll just be Threepio with Artoo coming with a nice break in between to maximize sales from people wanting the pair.

I'll hold out for the 1/6th versions.

Hopefully it won't be too far from the PF releases.

They need to do a C-3PO and R2-D2 separately, but offer a base to display them together like they did with the Monster and his Bride.

I have a feeling that is what will happen and hopefully its a sand inspired base that will fit both Threepio and Artoo to recreate this:

c3po.jpg

I know it wouldn't happen, but imagine shiny/new droids for the regular and dirty/weathered droids for the exclusive. :google

They could do it. Clean/Shiny Droids as exclusive and when they offer a combination base it could be a piece of floor from a room on Coruscant instead of Tatooine...

I think we're onto something here. :lecture

They do color and SE versions of the Universal Monsters, so why not different versions of the dynamic duo?

it's not true that u can't chrome polystone.
the 1:1 t800 endoskull bust is made from polystone and it's fully chromed.

and yeah, threepio MUST be gold chromed, even if he has that layer of dirt n grime all over him.

i would love to see the droids in pf format, but worried about the cost if they release em separately.

i have the kotobukiya-made droids and they're excellent. threepio is nice and shiny, like at the end of ep iv. the sculpt n pose is spot-on too. the only thing i don't like is the weird scale, they're smaller than 1/6.

A C-3PO that looks like this, I do not want:

2cwskd4.jpg

You guys using the Endo as a reference need to consider the price. No way I'd pay $600-$800+ for a PF. How much the endo costs, really has me wondering whether it was chromed or vacuplated.

Last edited:
I agree that the price is a concern (although I don't see it going anywhere near $800). I'm hoping that the 1/4 scale Endo (which cost $550) was that expensive mostly because it was so intricate (many small parts and a surprising amount of articulation). They also had to use metal parts for some of it, probably because there were so many small and thin parts. That shouldn't be an issue for 3PO.

I'm a big C-3PO fan and have a collection of figures and other goods for the character, so I'd like to get a PF of him as well, but I won't if it's not chromed or if it's too expensive. Around $400 would be the limit, I think, and hopefully it's closer to $300.

I agree that the price is a concern (although I don't see it going anywhere near $800). I'm hoping that the 1/4 scale Endo (which cost $550) was that expensive mostly because it was so intricate (many small parts and a surprising amount of articulation). They also had to use metal parts for some of it, probably because there were so many small and thin parts. That shouldn't be an issue for 3PO.

I'm a big C-3PO fan and have a collection of figures and other goods for the character, so I'd like to get a PF of him as well, but I won't if it's not chromed or if it's too expensive. Around $400 would be the limit, I think, and hopefully it's closer to $300.

Or, it might very well have been the process used to make him appear chromed. It's an expensive process and needed to pull of the endo bust successfully. I wouldn't flinch at picking up a PVC PF of 3PO if it meant he'd be chromed out and at the standard PF rate.

Last edited:
I guess its my preference to have them together...R2 is half a figure...and not all that complicated...trash can with some legs and a dome...if they sell them together it honestly shouldnt cost all that much..most PF's are under $300 right now..thats with clothing sometimes..which is more of a process than painting a mold. The two could easily go for $350 if sideshow wanted to throw us a bone.

I guess its my preference to have them together...R2 is half a figure...and not all that complicated...trash can with some legs and a dome...if they sell them together it honestly shouldnt cost all that much..most PF's are under $300 right now..thats with clothing sometimes..which is more of a process than painting a mold. The two could easily go for $350 if sideshow wanted to throw us a bone.

while I see where you are coming from, SS isn't going to bundle two of the most iconic characters from their top license - they will capitalize on it, just like any business would want to.

Both of these will be top-notch PFs, but their release dates will be spaced out.

Back