1/4 C-3PO confirmed for 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Follow up thought...sorry for double posting...

SS hasn't been known to make iconic poses...I hope they don't put C3PO in something ridiculous...advanced apologies if my follow up comment offends, but I hated the GG C3PO pose with one arm waiving...I hope C3PO will turn out well, I'm sooo looking forward to this...

K.

this Pose and no other :)

robotc3powy7.jpg

If its being released in 2010 I guess we could be seeing it any time now, but I suspect it'll be a while. 2010 may even refer to when it'll go up for pre-order. But that's all just speculation on my part.

I'm predicting that we'll see this at SDCC and it'll release in Q1 2010

Has anybody stopped to take a look at Sideshow's Toht Ex Ark? If they do 3PO in polystone, he won't be nice and shiny. He'll be dull, like the Ark as they've already explained that polystone can't be chromed. So would he still be appealing done in PVC like Boba Fett?

Actually, the 1:1 C-3PO is largely polystone, and it's chromed. They describe it as being made of "polystone skinned fiberglass castings," among other things. Basically it seems that the fiberglass forms the base over which there is polystone skin, which is then covered with a thin sheet of metal, and that's actually what gets chromed (or perhaps the chroming process is what creates this sheet of metal). I'm not sure about the details, but I have partially disassembled a head that had some factory errors, so I know a bit about what it looks like inside. I don't think there's any reason to think that it's impossible to chrome a C-3PO PF. Also, the Gentle Giant C-3PO statue is either made of polystone or something very similar, and it's gold plated.

Actually, the 1:1 C-3PO is largely polystone, and it's chromed. They describe it as being made of "polystone skinned fiberglass castings," among other things. Basically it seems that the fiberglass forms the base over which there is polystone skin, which is then covered with a thin sheet of metal, and that's actually what gets chromed (or perhaps the chroming process is what creates this sheet of metal). I'm not sure about the details, but I have partially disassembled a head that had some factory errors, so I know a bit about what it looks like inside. I don't think there's any reason to think that it's impossible to chrome a C-3PO PF. Also, the Gentle Giant C-3PO statue is either made of polystone or something very similar, and it's gold plated.

I don't really see why they'd say the Ark couldn't be chromed if it could. Especially when it's a crucial aspect to the 1:6 Indy line.

Who actually said you can't chrome it? I remember someone claiming that in one of the ark threads, but I haven't seen something from Sideshow saying that. In any case, I really don't see why they couldn't make a shiny 3PO if they can make a shiny Endoskeleton PF.

Who actually said you can't chrome it? I remember someone claiming that in one of the ark threads, but I haven't seen something from Sideshow saying that. In any case, I really don't see why they couldn't make a shiny 3PO if they can make a shiny Endoskeleton PF.

Feel free to scour the Toht Ex thread for it. After seeing the Ark though, I'll hold off any hope of him being chromed until we see a prototype and my PO will hang on a consistent production piece.

Has anybody stopped to take a look at Sideshow's Toht Ex Ark? If they do 3PO in polystone, he won't be nice and shiny. He'll be dull, like the Ark as they've already explained that polystone can't be chromed. So would he still be appealing done in PVC like Boba Fett?

The PVC Boba Fett didn't bother me at all. A shiny PVC 3PO would be preferable to me over a dull polystone one. Unless its a Tatooine version, they may be able to get away with him being dull that way.

Hands down the Premium Format should be 3PO and R2 as one piece...those two are inseperable and to make them as individual..well just doesnt sit well.. I hope they reconsider and make the as one piece.

Oh, I don't know. While they are definitely a pair, they do spend a lot of time alone in the movies as well. You could make a similar argument about Chewbacca and Han. I think a lot of it would depend on the setting/pose they choose. Selling them only as a pair could make them quite expensive. Even if people wanted to get them both, they might prefer to spread the cost out.

I actually only want R2. If the "PF" is a set of the 2 of them then I will not be buying them for the price alone.

Back