Action Figure 1/12 Comicave Iron Man Super Alloy Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chest function doesn't seem nearly as intricate as they where attempting to make it. At least not from those pics.

The diecast HB I've been wanting.

"Moveable helmet & chest" doesn't 100% confirm it's an automatic working mechanism when I read it though.

The diecast HB I've been wanting.

"Moveable helmet & chest" doesn't 100% confirm it's an automatic working mechanism when I read it though.

they have a video in their facebook which shows how the armor moves.
it would be strange they remove this feature in the production figure.

i love the color and the weathering effect, its more movie accurate!
first day PO, no question about it.:yess:

That's the unpainted torso they showed right?

It's a feature I want included, but if it's not, not the biggest loss. Diecast diecast diecast is the selling point for me anyway.

It wouldn't be the first time they promised something and didn't deliver. If it's not in the official production specs I doubt it's included.

Official pics released:

View attachment 248263

The chest-plate and clasps are not opened symmetrically in this photo—that is, it's clear that the left plate is lower than the right one. This might indicate that the mechanism they showed off on Facebook is out the window, since any feasible gearing/spring-loaded release should move both sides at the same time.

The chest-plate and clasps are not opened symmetrically in this photo—that is, it's clear that the left plate is lower than the right one. This might indicate that the mechanism they showed off on Facebook is out the window, since any feasible gearing/spring-loaded release should move both sides at the same time.

i found this reply in comicave's facebook. which is just 3 hours ago, so i think the mechanism is still there. :clap
comicave hulkbuster.jpg

Still going to wait and see. A reply on a Facebook comment has little weight. What the official specs say when it goes up for order are all that count.

Also worth noting that 'mechanically open' doesn't mean it is spring-loaded or synchronised. They could just be referring to there being moving parts.

Also worth noting that 'mechanically open' doesn't mean it is spring-loaded or synchronised. They could just be referring to there being moving parts.

dont know why you are so confused with the word "mechanical". mechanically open means it will open itself
automatically with a build-in mechanism, as simple as that. do you think you can open up the armour pieces
mechanically with your bare hands? a machine gun means an automatic gun that fires bullets in rapid succession
for as long as the trigger is pressed. there should be no room for confusion.

No mechanically doesn't mean automatic. mechanically open does not mean "opens itself". The fact that they have not shown it open automatically not mention it in public info ect is more telling them you seem to think.

As for "there should be no confusion"..on that we agree. The definition of mechanical (one of) is "produced or operated by a machine"...so you can read into it that there is some automatic feature. But that's just your reading into it. They did not say that. In fact they intentially DIDNT say that. Multiple times. Even when asked if that feature was included they restated its "mechanical".

Last edited:
I think CMC's use of the word "mechanical" probably is leaning towards the automatic opening chest armour feature (or at least wanting us to still think that) they showed earlier. Button/switch operated I guess. But their answers do seem a bit too vague (for us) on the matter, & it's not really being overly highlighted in the pics shown (you'd think they'd make more of a big deal about it), so I really don't know at this point.
The 1/12 hulkbuster will have remote control the armor open to show the mk43 helmet?
Comicave Studios said:
Comicave Studios Hi (removed), good question. It can mechanically open but not controlled by remote. We want to keep it a reasonable and competitive price for most collectors & fans

There another response where they where flat asked what's up and they sidestepped the question so far, reposting the same photos as before. They where very specific before when addressing this. That vid they showed of the unpainted figure for example. Why they wouldn't just do that again makes me suspicious. And given their history they get no benifit of the doubt from me.

Back