Action Figure 1/12 Comicave Iron Man Super Alloy Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wel they cleared it up. Why they didn't just say it to start with is odd. Their PR person is an idiot. But they said it does have the push button open. So it's probably spring loaded.

" Yes it's the exact same feature as the preview video we released (grey prototype), which shows the chest opening up automatically with a push of a button. The difference from 1/4 scale is that 1/4 Hulkbuster opens up automatically with a remote control. Hope this clarifies!"

Wel they cleared it up. Why they didn't just say it to start with is odd. Their PR person is an idiot. But they said it does have the push button open. So it's probably spring loaded.

" Yes it's the exact same feature as the preview video we released (grey prototype), which shows the chest opening up automatically with a push of a button. The difference from 1/4 scale is that 1/4 Hulkbuster opens up automatically with a remote control. Hope this clarifies!"

Good! 1st day PO then! :yess:

I'm assuming in their mind, they were already saying it with their meaning of the word "mechanically". We confused ourselves with our assumptions.

I was thinking they meant that anyway. Nice to see confirmation.

Lol. I'm so annoyed with this company right now. They pretty much bait and switched the entire world at the AoU premier by teasing new 1/4 figures only to release nothing but 1/12 figures. Then there was the comic con display with the diorama they we haven't seen since. CC couldn't even bother to show 1/4 scale figures at the bluefin booth at Toyfair this year, probably because they never had any intention of making any new ones. On bluefins website they have the Mark 42 1/4 for PO, which was play imaginative's unreleased figure, but there are no head sculpts. What happened there?! And the figure looks Ok in the pictures, but the shoulder joints are ugly as hell. And now this vagueness about a pretty substantial selling point just has me shaking my head.

The only thing they have going for them is that we haven't heard horror stories about the most recent 1/12 figures they've released, but the HB is way more complicated than any of those. If I were in the market for a HB in this scale I'd either get the Figuarts version or at least wait until there was an in depth video demo of Comicave's before deciding to PO.

OK, done ranting.

I'm assuming in their mind, they were already saying it with their meaning of the word "mechanically". We confused ourselves with our assumptions.

I was thinking they meant that anyway. Nice to see confirmation.

It's more then that. Notice the wording they used when answering the question. They said "automatically". It very well may have been a test to see if they could sell it at 400ish without the automation. Given they had stated in the official info they had yet to finalize every feature and could not provide the "weight" until that was decided. The wording was done very intentionally.

And given the history of this company and its previous name (super alloy/Pi) they are pretty well know for the whole bait and switch. Over promise and under deliver.

Anyway..

As for the 1/4..yeah it's mess. But not something some didn't see coming. I was pissed about it upfront (day of) because I knew this is what would happen. The whole mk42 thing is a joke. It went up for sale in 2013 and they have yet to release it (even though they accepted full payments and held it for years) or the 43 which they showed at the Aou premier. But hot toys released their 1/4 43 months ago. It was previewed years after CMC/PI and released at least months before. Sad. And given that CMC has a very sparse catalog and release schedule, especially when compared to hot toys it's just silly.

Starboost from comicave:
PoVK8nl.jpg

I am a recruiter and I actually interviewed a candidate who was working with comicave on the automation of the figures and he had no idea I was a collector. I couldn't believe my ears. This was months ago mind you

I am a recruiter and I actually interviewed a candidate who was working with comicave on the automation of the figures and he had no idea I was a collector. I couldn't believe my ears. This was months ago mind you

What did he say?

The only figure I want from them is a mark 7.. I'd love to collect all of the house party armors, but already having most of the hot toys versions just doesn't make me that interested in doing so.

The only figure I want from them is a mark 7.. I'd love to collect all of the house party armors, but already having most of the hot toys versions just doesn't make me that interested in doing so.
That and it sounds expensive to collect two lines.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

From comicave page on Facebook:

"Dear fans, we regret to inform that Comicave Studios will be discontinuing the development of Omni Class 1/12 Scale Starboost (Iron Man Mark 39) due to development cost inefficiency. It is Comicave Studios’ ideal to produce collectibles that are of high-quality and affordability to collectors.

We acknowledge the obligation to promptly inform fans of our intent to exit development(s) to enable everyone the ability to manage their purchase decisions. We really appreciate everyone’s support so far and look forward to your continued interest in our future products!

Thank you"

I'm still not sure what I will do.

My story with Iron Man Armors:
When they released the first movie, I bought the Hot Toys figures, but when they released a improved version of the Mark 3 and the Mark 4 was a bit taller than my Mark 2 and 3, and the pink short issue happened, I lost my interest and decided to stop.

When Hot Toys released starboost, I loved it so much that I decided to buy a few armors (only my favorites).

With comicave, I decided to get them all (already bought 4, including some from play imaginative) and even stopped with Hot Toys. But now, without my favorite armor, not sure if it is worth continuing.

I'm inclined to go back to Hot Toys (I never sold my figures), maybe buy a few I passed from my favorites (possible, only Shotgun, since I believe Sneaky and Blue Steel were not released yet).

Regarding comicave, I might sell mine and let it go.

How will you guys deal with the prospect of not having a complete hall of armors from comicave?

From comicave page on Facebook:

"Dear fans, we regret to inform that Comicave Studios will be discontinuing the development of Omni Class 1/12 Scale Starboost (Iron Man Mark 39) due to development cost inefficiency. It is Comicave Studios’ ideal to produce collectibles that are of high-quality and affordability to collectors.

We acknowledge the obligation to promptly inform fans of our intent to exit development(s) to enable everyone the ability to manage their purchase decisions. We really appreciate everyone’s support so far and look forward to your continued interest in our future products!

Thank you"

I'm still not sure what I will do.

My story with Iron Man Armors:
When they released the first movie, I bought the Hot Toys figures, but when they released a improved version of the Mark 3 and the Mark 4 was a bit taller than my Mark 2 and 3, and the pink short issue happened, I lost my interest and decided to stop.

When Hot Toys released starboost, I loved it so much that I decided to buy a few armors (only my favorites).

With comicave, I decided to get them all (already bought 4, including some from play imaginative) and even stopped with Hot Toys. But now, without my favorite armor, not sure if it is worth continuing.

I'm inclined to go back to Hot Toys (I never sold my figures), maybe buy a few I passed from my favorites (possible, only Shotgun, since I believe Sneaky and Blue Steel were not released yet).

Regarding comicave, I might sell mine and let it go.

How will you guys deal with the prospect of not having a complete hall of armors from comicave?

I would love to buy all of these.. But I've decided to go with hot toys and am really glad I did. I really prefer the hot toys paint jobs and scale.

Anyways.. If I were buying these figures I'd be pissed that they weren't releasing starboost. I mean, it's not like it was a throw away armor like fiddler, or mk 14.. It's a very recognizable and must have armor. Hell, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would consider it their favorite house party armor. I personally flip flop between it, hot rod, and tank. (Though once sneaky arrives, I'm sure it'll be my favorite no doubt).

As I've said above, I think the only one I'd be interested in was the 7.. But even then, I think I'd rather have a figuarts version of it (fingers crossed)

It sucks for people who wanted to jump in on all of these, but now they've decided to nix such a popular armor. I have no idea why they'd do that, plus, it's not like there aren't a couple parts that can't be reused. (Well, I know the abdomen has appeared in another armor, but I'm not sure if anything else does).

I don't think comicave will come close to producing all of the armors. Just enjoy the ones you have and fill in with Figuarts and others. Who knows one day you might decide to destroy them all to please a woman.

I would love to buy all of these.. But I've decided to go with hot toys and am really glad I did. I really prefer the hot toys paint jobs and scale.

Anyways.. If I were buying these figures I'd be pissed that they weren't releasing starboost. I mean, it's not like it was a throw away armor like fiddler, or mk 14.. It's a very recognizable and must have armor. Hell, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would consider it their favorite house party armor. I personally flip flop between it, hot rod, and tank. (Though once sneaky arrives, I'm sure it'll be my favorite no doubt).

As I've said above, I think the only one I'd be interested in was the 7.. But even then, I think I'd rather have a figuarts version of it (fingers crossed)

It sucks for people who wanted to jump in on all of these, but now they've decided to nix such a popular armor. I have no idea why they'd do that, plus, it's not like there aren't a couple parts that can't be reused. (Well, I know the abdomen has appeared in another armor, but I'm not sure if anything else does).

I do think they are giving a shot in the foot.

I have Igor, Starboost, Tank and Bones Hot Toys (a few others from old releases which I'm selling, so they don't count)

From comicave - Igor, Shotgun, War Machine and Mark 42.

If the option is not having all, I'm really thinking Hot Toys is the way to go.

Really considering getting Shotgun, Sneaky, Blue Steel, Heartbreaker and Hot Rod (maybe Gamma or/and Striker).

I don't think comicave will come close to producing all of the armors. Just enjoy the ones you have and fill in with Figuarts and others. Who knows one day you might decide to destroy them all to please a woman.

That might be a good idea too (thankfully, my wife is Geek and love my figures, so, I'm not worried about the second part) [emoji3]

Collcting this line and Hot Toys sounds expensive...

I considered collecting this line back when I collected Marvel Legends but Hot Toys...man... For me, can't be beat.

These are good looking figures for the price though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back