Action Figure 1/12 Comicave Iron Man Super Alloy Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/12 Comicave Super Alloy - Avengers: Age of Ultron - Hulkbuster Mark 44

Ahh, my mistake! I was looking at the wrong measurement. Very frustrating. Not so sure about the Sentinel piece now; I thought it would be taller than a 1/6-scale figure but I was wrong. I still prefer the design to CMC's and am willing to bet it will be designed better based on my experiences with both companies, but we'll see.

The sentinal piece is 21 inches tall. Or 55cm. (You said 27 I think..) So taller then hot toys 1/6 hulk by 30% or 4 inches. Big piece.

But that's not what I was getting at. What I was saying is that using hot toys 1/6 figure to know the size of CMC (or any other companies) figures don't work. These figures are not just perfect scaled down sizes of marvel stated height. A lot of logistics go into it. The sculpted or digital sculpt of the figure at scale may have been set to be a certain size, but often times things change on accident(hand sculpting) that you don't even notice so one piece is larger then you intended. Or things are changed because of a logistic or engineering tweak. Adding joints and making sure those articulated parts have clearance so the paint doesn't run or a part doesn't catch ect. There's a ton that goes into it and each company has its own production methods so you can't really compare across companies. You can get a guesstimate based on scale but that's it. Nailing down a particular or exact size is not really possible.

The sentinal piece is 21 inches tall. Or 55cm. (You said 27 I think..) So taller then hot toys 1/6 hulk by 30% or 4 inches. Big piece.

But that's not what I was getting at. What I was saying is that using hot toys 1/6 figure to know the size of CMC (or any other companies) figures don't work. These figures are not just perfect scaled down sizes of marvel stated height. A lot of logistics go into it. The sculpted or digital sculpt of the figure at scale may have been set to be a certain size, but often times things change on accident(hand sculpting) that you don't even notice so one piece is larger then you intended. Or things are changed because of a logistic or engineering tweak. Adding joints and making sure those articulated parts have clearance so the paint doesn't run or a part doesn't catch ect. There's a ton that goes into it and each company has its own production methods so you can't really compare across companies. You can get a guesstimate based on scale but that's it. Nailing down a particular or exact size is not really possible.

first of all, sentinel hb is 21cm tall, not 21 inches, so actually its a lot shorter than hot toys hb.
you might have misread my previous post. :lol based on the hot toys 1/6 scale to establish the height of the comicave
because i think both of them should be based on the size of the hulkbuster appeared in aou. marvel gave
out different licenses to different companys with different price tag. you cannot like. oh! i need all joints to
be bigger and longer because it makes the figure looks better and more stable. and ended up making a
1/10.5 scale figure but what they have got is actually a 1/12 license. marvel wouldnt like it and might not
approve it as well. a little difference may be allowed but shouldnt be large discrepency. dont you agree?

Ah I was looking at you post. I thought the bottom specs where the sentinal not the hot toys. Looks like one image on my phone. My bad.

As for what your saying about scale...

As I explained that doesn't always work. In fact most the time it won't. They are very often not exactly 1/6 or 1/4 or 1/10 or 1/12. There are to many factors involved. And I explained the most common reason why getting exact size does not work. Until it's actually produced you can't know for sure. Even the pre manufacturing company estimates are not alway on. Hot toys 1/6 Hulk for example is not the same size it was announced to be. Then you have Aou and DW Thor being slightly different sizes. If they where both 1/6 scale versions of the same person that are completly accurate that probably wouldn't happen. Point is and was that figuring out the 1/12 CMC figure based on the size of the 1/6 hot toys is not going to be accurate. Your better off using the 1/1 stated size then hot toys. But even then, until they get it manufactured it's just a rough guess. Each company has its own in house procedures and tolerances that they don't share with another company so using one company's scaled product to know another's completly different scale product is just not going to work. That's all I was saying.

MARK 43
EJapzLK.jpg

Juo6MQt.jpg

sMpFDfT.jpg

8nzkskY.jpg

HSLNujF.jpg

This is by Comicave? What scale is it?

Very cool for a 1/12 scale figure. I think Comicave has out done themselves at this point. I mean if he actually Hovers like that, I may jump into this line.

That's photoshopped. It won't actually hover.

Hahaha pretty sure he was joking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shades (exclusive to Japan):
SJLmNii.jpg

G1vqrmQ.jpg

K1H6Qj0.jpg

EfzwuiN.jpg

bjFe8wr.jpg

That face. Looks like grumpy cat.

Yep, that's the cat. I like the paint scheme though.

image.jpg

The paint scheme for Shades is amazing! :clap But something looks off on the 43. Not sure what is wrong, but it doesn't look right.

*Will be changing topic title to all Comicave products related, since the brand is not well established enough to warrant different threads.

He's a pretty big suit. My Igor and striker hot toys are boxed in storage so I can't compare them right now. But he is a pretty large suit.

Trying hard not to like these. How far you think Bandai will go before they get bored?

Back