Action Figure 1/12 Comicave Iron Man Super Alloy Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/12 Comicave Super Alloy - Avengers: Age of Ultron - Hulkbuster Mark 44

The RE:EDIT line is about 1:10 scale, so the CMC hulkbuster should actually be a little smaller, no?

the RE:EDIT hulkbuster is 36cm tall while the cmc one is 27.5cm tall,
so you are correct.

Wow. Lots of detail for something that small--I hope the Iron Man bust looks good.

Also nice to know the RE:EDIT will be bigger than most 1/6-scale figures. Might PO now since it will still look like a badass mech suit next to my larger figures.

There's an update with a video of the cockpit opening mechanism. :clap Looks good for now.

Looks great; I love all the moving parts. This is starting to tempt me over the Sentinel figure.

its beautiful, i need it!

comicave hb 1.jpg
comicave hb 2.jpg
comicave hb 3.jpg

With CMC pricing history...it's possible. Or it could just not get made. Looks decent for the size though.

With CMC pricing history...it's possible. Or it could just not get made. Looks decent for the size though.

They have announced that pre-orders will start in April, let's see how it goes then. Quite excited to see the opening cockpit motion in full color. :lol

Striker:

9tljiau.jpg

Crew:

NnmR872.jpg

Mark 43:

sHMRThU.jpg

Hulkbuster:

Q55uiMU.jpg

Gamma and Blue Steel on the way:

fdXmEMd.jpg

Silver Centurion, Mark 43 and Striker are PROTOTYPES

Hong Kong, there is an expo there :D

It's not really an expo. Comicave set up a private show room and invited different groups to talk about their upcoming products which is mostly 1/12 scale Ironmen.
Hulkbuster does look very nice. The 1/4 scale Hulkbuster will be up for preorder soon. Its currently retailing for $6000USD.
Sadly I forgot how much the 1/12 stuff are.

Thanks for the explanation, CloudN. Did you like the figures? :)

It's not really an expo. Comicave set up a private show room and invited different groups to talk about their upcoming products which is mostly 1/12 scale Ironmen.
Hulkbuster does look very nice. The 1/4 scale Hulkbuster will be up for preorder soon. Its currently retailing for $6000USD.
Sadly I forgot how much the 1/12 stuff are.

Interesting. They said last fall they would not sell the 1/4 HB. Unless they opted to remove like a 1/3 of the stuff the prototype had. Since they gave it away. And at that time they stated the thing was 10,000usd. And said multiple times at the show it would not be made for retail.

Their 1/12 protos look good.

just heard that it will be sold at usd$300! its just too good to be true, how is that possible?
sentinel's hulkbuster is also selling at usd$300, but its smaller(3cm shorter), without diecast
material and just a comic version(lower license fee). i am definitely ordering this one, its a
no brainer. but i have to sell my sentinel hulkbuster order first! :panic:

153655tec8plph8y9r9773.jpg

300 seems about right. It's smaller then most hot toys 1/6 iron man figures so that price seems ok. Even if they do some type of chest articulation. It's still a 300usd 1/12 scale. That's a lot of money for that scale.

I remember being told directly by Comicave that it should be around 75% diecast. But I think that was in July 2015. I'm still excited though.

just heard that it will be sold at usd$300! its just too good to be true, how is that possible?
sentinel's hulkbuster is also selling at usd$300, but its smaller(3cm shorter), without diecast
material and just a comic version(lower license fee). i am definitely ordering this one, its a
no brainer. but i have to sell my sentinel hulkbuster order first! :panic:

Some corrections: Sentinel's HB will have die-cast in the inner body, for added strength, and is about 10cm taller than this.

Thus far it looks like none of the Comicave 1/12 figures are up to the engineering standards that their price-points command. Look at Shotgun and Igor and compare to Sentinel's offerings—less-exposed joints, better articulation and more accessories, generally at a lower cost. I hope HB breaks the trend because I really would like a great MCU Hulkbuster figure in this scale.

Edit: the die-cast elements on the Sentinel HB should be as follows:

set88321_8_1435814641.jpg

Definitely not the 75% that Comicave is gunning for, so the CMC version should be a lot weightier and potentially more satisfying to move around. Time will tell.

Some corrections: Sentinel's HB will have die-cast in the inner body, for added strength, and is about 10cm taller than this.

Thus far it looks like none of the Comicave 1/12 figures are up to the engineering standards that their price-points command. Look at Shotgun and Igor and compare to Sentinel's offerings—less-exposed joints, better articulation and more accessories, generally at a lower cost. I hope HB breaks the trend because I really would like a great MCU Hulkbuster figure in this scale.

Edit: the die-cast elements on the Sentinel HB should be as follows:

set88321_8_1435814641.jpg

Definitely not the 75% that Comicave is gunning for, so the CMC version should be a lot weightier and potentially more satisfying to move around. Time will tell.

comicave hb will be above 70% diecast, whereas sentinel's will only have around 10% at most.
and according to official spec, sentinel hb is 25cm. comicave 1/12 hb is 27.5cm(because hot toys 1/6 hb is 55cm tall)

sentinel hb.jpg
hot toys hb.jpg

comicave hb will be above 70% diecast, whereas sentinel's will only have around 10% at most.
and according to official spec, sentinel hb is 25cm. comicave 1/12 hb is 27.5cm(because hot toys 1/6 hb is 55cm tall)

View attachment 236311
View attachment 236312

You can't really equate size like that across company's and scale. All kinds of other things factor in.

Back