‘The Circle is now Complete’ Diorama - Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess whenever we get Luke v Vader on the Death Star the Emperor seated at his throne will only be a pic in the background. :monkey2

So I guess whenever we get Luke v Vader on the Death Star the Emperor seated at his throne will only be a pic in the background. :monkey2

No, I imagine it will be Luke, Vader, Emperor on throne with a background like this standing in at the big window with the space battle going on outside of it.

swd01.jpg

That just isn't working for me. Doesn't look classy enough for this kind of piece--a printed out screen shot is OK behind your Legos or Hasbro figures, but I just don't think that it looks right behind a few hundred dollars' worth of diorama. Just my opinion--but I haven't seen Sideshow do this before, and now that I have, I don't care for it.

Instead of being evocative and suggesting the context like so many other dioramas, it's going overboard in kind of a cheesy and pedestrian way. Less is more--the environmental details in a diorama should not draw our attention away from the characters (who should be the main focus), they should just back them up and give a hint of mood/time/place. Sometimes the imagination can fill in the blanks in a more elegant way than this screen shot ever will.

:sick

I hope its like Maulfan says. It'd be quite disappointing otherwise.

So would most collectors interested in a dio of that duel, Sideshow understands the importance of the Emperor overlooking that fight, they won't skimp and make him a photo. They only way a ROTJ duel dio wouldn't include the Emperor is if it depicts the end of the fight when Luke just goes ape^^^^ on his father, and then likely there'd be a dio of Vader looking on as the Emperor kills Luke with Sith lightning.

That just isn't working for me. Doesn't look classy enough for this kind of piece--a printed out screen shot is OK behind your Legos or Hasbro figures, but I just don't think that it looks right behind a few hundred dollars' worth of diorama. Just my opinion--but I haven't seen Sideshow do this before, and now that I have, I don't care for it.

Instead of being evocative and suggesting the context like so many other dioramas, it's going overboard in kind of a cheesy and pedestrian way. Less is more--the environmental details in a diorama should not draw our attention away from the characters (who should be the main focus), they should just back them up and give a hint of mood/time/place. Sometimes the imagination can fill in the blanks in a more elegant way than this screen shot ever will.

:sick

I believe the backdrop is an exclusive add on but not a permanent fixture of the whole piece, you can have it without it I'm pretty sure.

It looks like the lighter grey door frame pieces that come up behind their backs (and are cut off at an angle) are the backdrop of the piece itself, and the screen shot sticks in behind it. I can't imagine the photo background would be permanently attached, as that would totally turn off people like me.

But I took a quick household poll--the eight year old likes the background, the 34 year old doesn't. So it's a tie...

Get the exclusive then, you can make everyone happy, put it up while the 8 year old's awake, take it down when they've gone to bed :lol

If it has the background permanently attached I'll have to pass on it. Like you guys said, I doubt its the case though.

If the backdrop picture is the exclusive then I'm going to pass on this easily, it looks kind of cheap. You can always print a shot like that high resolution and even get Dave Prowse and James Earl Jones sign it.

Nope, waiting for the PPO for the Ex., unless it's significantly pricier, having the extra display option will be nice.

Nice pics Josh. I like the background, it just doesn't work for me since none of the other dios have them. If they all had backgrounds I think it'd be cool.

Back