‘The Circle is now Complete’ Diorama - Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though i don't own this diorama (yet) i saw it at a friend's house and had the chance to inspect it in detail. I think there are 2 huge problems which takes away some of the dynamic elements.

the first one might sound very irrelevant to many of you, but if you practise any martial art, you would know that when you are holding any sword (and in the case of OT lightsaber duels, Lucas formed the basis on a samurai sword fighting tecnique known as iaido) your hands should always be on your 'center' that is to say, if you imagine the invisible line that goes vertically from the tip of your head to your feet, it is centered between your eyes and the middle of your nose, that is always where you keep your hands and your sword.. in a stance, you do not leave your center open.. Obi Wan has both hands and lightsaber out of that center, which makes it look very awkward, or in other words, an untrained fighter..

the second one is, Obi Wan's lightsaber is done so badly.. i really do not understand why.. i am not just talking about the colors, but the emitter is so thick and fat, it looks like a toy.. if this is about the metal rod that is supposed to go in there, couldn't they think of a better solution than playing with the non uniform scale of the lightsaber?

overall, i LOVE this piece and will try to get one.. but these 2 problems are just my humble thoughts...

Interesting point of view:clap And: Welcome to SSF :)

Thanks guys for the warm welcome :)

I was wondering, can anyone upload a hi-res image of the exc. edition backdrop only? if i can be lucky enough to get my hands on the regular edition (the exc. edition prices have skyrocketed already) i will try to make a backdrop myself through screen capture... so a hi res image would help a lot in terms of scales and shape..

Been a while since this thread has been posted in...well, just a quick question regarding the faux bronze version of this dio. I put myself down for a wait list, but am starting to wonder if there is zero chance of this converting. The regular (color) version just doesn't seem to appeal to me, but that faux bronze is just amazing! Anyone know what the chances of this converting are?

unfortunately nil at this stage. most fb offerings are shipped immediately after orders are placed, so there is little/no chance of cancellations.

ebay is your best bet - I've seen them sell for marginally more than msrp, so be patient and don't bite on a high price from a scalper. There is a very small market for these so you should be able to grab one down the road at a fair price. best of luck.

I couldn't resist to show off a pic of mine with a custom faux bronze backdrop.

IMG_0996Large.jpg

Hello again fellow Jedi.
I have 2 questions..

first, does anyone have or know how to get the high res image that has been used for the backdrop? I desperately looked for one since 7 months trying to find someone who would only sell the backdrop but no luck.. so I have to make my own..

second, is it just my diorama or do the lightsaber blades not touch each other at all? Vader's blade - actually his whole body - seems just a little off axis and the two blades seem to be a little apart.. is this a defect or is it sculptured that way? I thought the proper thing would be to make sure the blades hit each other.. and Vaders face would exaclty point Ben's.. what do you think? can someone please enlighten me?

may the force be with you all

@thorskywalker:

does anyone have or know how to get the high res image that has been used for the backdrop?

I managed to piece together a backdrop and had it printed as an A2 poster which I then cut to size along with a thin sheet of plexi-glass.

You may want to tweak the image a bit before trying the same; while the resolution isn't super the end result was pretty decent.

ntcic-backdrop.jpg

Back