VOTING - Hot Toys 1/6 ALIEN Modifications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which modification would you like HT to act on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, various computer modifications have been made to photos of the newly unveiled HT ALIEN and people are talking about submitting those images to Hot Toys to get improvements on the figure. While I support the notion, I feel that we should take a vote as to which one the majority of us stand behind. With the variations out there, I fear different people will go off submitting the one they like or their own, etc. and some of us could end up with figures we don't like because changes we weren't behind were made to the figure. This thread gives people a chance to voice their opinions and the majority perspective will be the one to act upon.

So far, Devil666's mods are the only ones I've seen that really stand out, so we'll vote on that, if anyone has others they wish to submit, by all means.

Items being modified are the color/paint job on the entire figure, fogging and fog color on the dome, finger scale on the hands for the 6th finger.

NUMBER 1

alienmod1.png

NUMBER 2

alienmod2.png

NUMBER 3

alienmod3.png

well.. number 3 is in the lead by far already and it looks to be the favorite.
How long do you think we should wait before sending this off... I mean , the sooner the better right ?.

I would say a couple weeks, this thing just debuted, there's potential for other versions to show up, people who haven't even seen the photos yet to see what the figure looks like.

Technically, HT hasn't even posted proto images to sell this yet, so there's time. I wouldn't go past a couple weeks really, but I think we have that luxury.

wheres the option for "stop being a whiney lil ^^^^^" :lol

seriously, number 3 gets my vote.

Yeah, well, people will have a few weeks to speak up or submit other considerations, after that, I think that's long enough for people to have seen the figure and the mods and to make a decision, after that, time to take action with Hot Toys.

I have a feeling it will, but point of the thread, I'm not going to act on a group's behalf, I'll let the people speak.

I'm sure some folks would feel some of the changes done to DX Batman photos should have been sent as quick as they were posted, but I know I and others disagreed with some of them and hopefully squashed their being submitted.

This thread should allow for the majority of folks here that want this figure to have their ideal vision sent in for a shot of being made.

#3 except for the bubble forehead. It should be shaped more like #1. The fogging may be too thick, too. I'd still like to be able to see some of the inner detail.

When should we all start e-mailing Hot Toys about this? :confused:

Give it at least a week to let people speak their minds, it seems like the majority will be behind #3, but let's not jump too soon to speak for everyone.

If I could, I would vote for a complete re-sculpt, but number three will have to do...

You think the whole figure needs a resculpt, that much wrong? or you mean resculpt of the head and hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back