VOTING - Hot Toys 1/6 ALIEN Modifications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which modification would you like HT to act on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definite pass in its current form. I thought I could live with innaccuracy and mere approximation with the dog alien but that has to be one of my least favourite HT purchases. The giger alien as is would only be adding to those ranks. I have Kane&Dallas but since they never interracted with the alien whilst in those outfits this figure is not essential to me unless it is as close to accurate as it could possibly be.

You think the whole figure needs a resculpt, that much wrong? or you mean resculpt of the head and hands?

Yeah, I do believe the whole sculpt needs to be re-worked, it's pretty much all wrong... Silentsurfer made a very good post about it and I expanded on it on the other thread.

Ok, based on yours and SilentSurfer's posts.

Skull
Too much detail in the skull.

Dorsal Pipes: Could be better. The top center one looks totally wrong though.

Mouth:

Body:
The shoulders should have a more pronounced ribbed tubing on them, and calves show muscle mass, should be thinner and straighter, less curve.

Arms:
Extra ribbing on the inside of the forearm that shouldn't be there.

Neck:
Looks too wide and some of the detailing looks invented.

Hips:
Seems to be extra tubes/ribbing that weren't there.

Legs:
Ribbing on the inside of the calves that shouldn't be there. Also, the three "bars" on the back of the leg (towards the ankle) look to be the wrong shape.

Feet:
Missing the oxen jaws.

Perhaps someone could PS mark a photo of the figure to highlight these areas to include with written word, I'm not totally clear on them as I haven't poured over the design like the experts, so some of the subtle things I don't know how they should be marked, the calves I can spot and the sixth finger fix, some of the piping stuff I'm not clear enough on.

Right, here's an easy one to start with, the face and mouth:

alien1.jpg

I do believe this is the most iconic look, Rambaldi's hero head.
And a "in situ" photo:

3473367fp54ot2329426328XROQDF23234-.jpg

The hands and hips in detail:

0010.jpg

The oxen jaws:

giger_010-1.jpg

(this is a replica of the Giger sculpture)

Overall proportions:
0008.jpg

Sabres, care to lend a hand? Les, Kyle, you guys have lots of reference pictures as well... let's give it one more try...

Love those photos Sabres21768. Never saw them before. Thanks!

Fingers crossed for #3 Alien mod. I just took another look @ the origninal prototype again, and honestly I really don't like it....:monkey2::(

It is a freaky looking creature when you look at it in those shots. Veronica Cartwright's reaction is very convincing. Theres something about the original Alien thats just more 'alien' than the creatures in the other films..and this coming from someone who saw Cameron's Aliens many times before ever seeing the first film.

Man, looking at those images from the movie just makes me more stoked to finally get this figure. I went with Mod #3 as it seems the best overall. I still do kind of like seeing through the dome (like #2), but I know that's not as accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back