1/6 Hot Toys - MMS627 - The Dark Knight Trilogy - Catwoman Collectible Figure (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the more pale skin tone on this version compared with the original. Seems more accurate to me. Just the sculpt doesn’t seem as strong.

I think the suit is the best part of this new release. To my eyes, the suit is an upgrade pretty much top to bottom for the most part with better detailing/ print texture, doesn't look all dried out and more form fitting to the new body. Plus, it doesn't have the oversized real zipper running down the front like the previous version. Now that doesn't excuse the rest of it for lacking nor am I getting this but I don't think it's all bad.

Yeah the suit looks good from the front but the body proportions are worse then the original from the side and rear to my eyes. Anne Hathaway is pretty slim (not meant to sound negative) she has a medium bust for her size but she isn’t a curvy woman. The figure looks like it’s wearing a diaper at the back… but I guess without going seamless it always will due to the leg to hips joint.

The suit looks shiny compared to the original. No zip is a bonus for me as I don’t see the appeal in unzipping it at all.

I’m still not going to be tempted as it’s only a few years of ownership before it falls apart and to me I would rather go without then pay to watch it fall apart. It’s a shame because I love the character. So much so that I have had to pay a fortune to go statue instead.

As for the head sculpts speaking to someone who knows faces (female who does aesthetic work on women). Her opinion was that the eyes are spaced wrong on the first version but otherwise not bad. The new version she said they have gone with the wrong eye shape.

I know we are spoilt these days with the amazing work out there (for a price) but somebody like hot toys have resources to get this right. It’s a shame.

I have a feeling this is going to sit in stock forever. My local comic shop ordered 15 (!) of this. He knows he’s screwed. I’ll wait for good discount and have one in the collection.
Are POs included in the shop’s order of 15 or is all of that for excess shelf inventory to sell?

I always wondered what the profit margins were for these figures.

If a retailer sells it for $300 MSRP, how much did they pay their distributor?

Only hope is that the 1/6 queen statue becomes a figure someday.
1707250814010.jpeg

There’s precedent for Queen reusing their statues for 1/6 figures.

the Joaquin Joker 1:3 bathroom statue was teased but never released and got reincorporated into their InArt 1:6 Joker figure 4-pack.

1707251244819.jpeg

I almost PO’d the Hot Toys Catwoman but I’m glad I PO’d the 1:6 Queen Catwoman on BatPod instead.

The one negative of the Queen statue is the sculpted hair. I’m envious of the 1:3 version with rooted hair but I don’t have space for such a massive statue. No pleather issues but the statue is prone to breakage if dropped.

The Hot Toys Catwoman seems to be more of a version 1.5 - the suit material seem better, the head sculpt is arguably improved but the hair still sucks. The old figure was too skinny but I feel Hot Toys overcompensated and made her too “thick” for the reissue.

Last edited:
Seems like quite a few people are getting their hands on this one, does anyone know when Sideshow will start shipping out preorders?

DeanKnight has a nice comparison between original and 2.0.

Definitely see the overall improvements but the 2.0 still seems like a half measure.

It's mainly the pleather materials and Barbie hair that bother me - fair or unfair, the bar has been raised with InArt and Artisan. I'd rather pay an extra $100 - $200 for better quality.

I will pass on this figure and hopefully InArt gives us a TDK Catwoman in 2029. :lol Will stick with the 1.0 as my articulated Catwoman and waiting for my Queen Catwoman/Batpod statue.

The body is all wrong. The older body used was a much better match, this new body they are using with the thick thighs makes no sense here.

This is a lazy re-do, bad body, bad sculpt.

His review made me want to buy this when it’s 25% off on sideshow. I don’t want to buy the old one as they are all probably destroyed, but this one isn’t worth the money. This is a case of I’m fine with nothing instead of paying full price for this.
But again, if I see it on a good sale, I’ll get it.

Not sure if it’s been done yet, but does anyone know what the 1.0 head would look like on the new body or does it even fit?

I preordered this too as I missed the original releases. She rounds out my Dark Knight Trilogy line up with Joker, Bane, Dent, Batman, and the Batpod. I think she looks great and have never had any pleather suits disintegrate on me. But I also don't do too many crazy poses to stretch the material. I generally go for stylized movie poses.

The issue with most Hot Toys figures is always with the neck. Look at how long Anne's neck is and then you look at the figure and it doesn't exist/cant be seen. Also, the new body/suit on the figure looks... cheap? Or is that just me?

Back