Sideshow Capturing Archetypes volume 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seems this is a series, good news for fans of the first version I'm sure. Cover was better on the other mind speaking as a completely unbiased and massive Alien fan
wink.gif

"Following the success of our debut Capturing Archetypes book, Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present this deluxe second volume showcasing a fresh slate of photography, with an insightful foreword by renowned film poster illustrator Drew Struzan.

Featuring 192 pages of heroes and villains from Batman to Darth Vader, as well as all-original characters from our dark fantasy collection, Court of the Dead, Capturing Archetypes Volume 2 celebrates Sideshow’s ability to capture the essence of archetypal characters in phenomenal three-dimensional art pieces. This beautifully rendered photography book is a must-have addition to the library of any pop culture collector."

"Regularly priced at $50, the book will be offered at a special introductory price of just $34. Pre-orders begin Thursday, September 17th!"

lg8w3og.jpg

Interesting choice of image.

B2cXW57.jpg

I was disappointed with the first book. Images were cool but it seemed like a lot of pages didn't have images on them--lots of black. It would have been nice to have some text talking about the statue in the empty spots or even better, more pictures of the statues from different angles or close-ups.

I was disappointed with the first book. Images were cool but it seemed like a lot of pages didn't have images on them--lots of black. It would have been nice to have some text talking about the statue in the empty spots or even better, more pictures of the statues from different angles or close-ups.

Good point...That was actually my one complaint about the first book, the missing text...a little bit about the statue or maybe about the sculptor(s) would have been nice

Great book - I like this one more than the first. Lots of 1/6 coverage which I don't remember being a big part of the first one.

Back