Capturing Archetypes: Twenty Years of Sideshow Collectibles Art Book

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just saw this over on Parka Blogs, Sideshow is releasing a new art book showcasing their sculptures, hopefully they'll have a few images of stuff we've never seen before.

List price: $50.00 Release date is: January 28, 2014
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1608873196?tag=parblo-20[/ame]

A gallery from Sideshow Collectibles, renowned specialty manufacturer of collectible figures, showcasing intricately designed likenesses of pop culture icons.

A deluxe gallery of Sideshow Collectibles’ best work, Capturing Archetypes: The Art of Sideshow Collectibles showcases the stunning creations produced by one of the world’s premier manufacturers of collectible figures and statues. Featuring iconic and universally beloved characters from franchises such as Star Wars, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, G.I. Joe, and Indiana Jones, this collection celebrates Sideshow’s astonishing ability to capture the essence of archetypal characters in its phenomenal art pieces. A must-have collectible in its own right, this elegant book is the artistic culmination of Sideshow’s incredible ambition and undeniable skill. With a removable acetate belly band over a debossed cover, Capturing Archetypes will delight pop culture enthusiasts and dedicated collectors alike.

Last edited:
I'll put it on my wishlist and wait to see how it turns out once it releases.

BUY NOW!

Capturing Archetypes Book by Sideshow Collectibles

Capturing Archetypes: Twenty Years of Sideshow Collectibles Art Book takes readers on a visual journey of stunning collectibles with a forward by acclaimed film director Guillermo Del Toro. Featuring iconic and universally beloved characters from franchises such as Star Wars, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, and G.I. Joe, this book celebrates Sideshow's ability to capture the essence of archetypal characters in phenomenal art pieces. Capturing Archetypes will delight pop culture enthusiasts and collectors alike!

I'm really interested in this but i need to know more before i order.

Amusing it's cheaper from Amazon than directly from Sideshow :cuckoo:

What i'm really looking for is a coffee table book with images and a small description and original RRP of every product Sideshow ever released.

I saw this first on I think Parka's site too or even HLJ. I see Sideshow just put up their page with images.

SS Calendars are now going to be $25
but they won't limit how many you can buy
lol

I only want the calendar for the previews. I think I'm going to order a Bianca Beauchamp calendar this year if she has a good one.

Ordered! FREE with rewards points!

Is it? I checked and didn't see a points thing around. I'm pretty sure I got all of Sideshow's previous books with points. That would be nice to get it for free. Especially with the Spooktacular points.

I'm ordering from Amazon. $36 including shipping. Once when I was placing an order, Sideshow offered me a free DVD, but then wanted $20 to deliver it!??!!? I'll take my free prime shipping...

I'm ordering from Amazon. $36 including shipping. Once when I was placing an order, Sideshow offered me a free DVD, but then wanted $20 to deliver it!??!!? I'll take my free prime shipping...

Not $20 to ship for the current book? I thought Sideshow doesn't have firm shipping prices until they get the item.

I want to buy this but can't understand why is it cheaper on Amazon than SS direct ? Shouldn't it be cheaper or at least priced the same ??

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Good point. But this being like an achievement type of thing , I would have thought they would promote it more than anyone else.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Funny how it's called "Capturing Archetypes" and the cover has the Alien maquette inspired by Nosferatu...

Back