Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the best justification that TLJ naysayers can come up with to hate the movie are:

1. $1.3 billion projected global earnings is a failure

and

2. The prequels were actually pretty awesome.

Got it. :lol

Yeah I don't get the Box office argument.. To me there is enough issues with the film to rip apart on its own.. Acting like its collection of Billions is a bad thing is strange to me.. Of course some use its box office to point to the fact it is a quality product.. Either way its not like Bad movies have never made huge $$$ and great movies failed to make back its budget.

IMO People singing the praises of the PT probably comes from 3 different points of view
1. Fans of the PT who legitimately think the PT is much better then the ST
2. People who after seeing TLJ and hated it now don't think the PT is all that bad after all
3. People who like to use the PT to pound on TLJ even more as a point of reference of how "really" bad.

I would say most here probably fall under 1 or 2. I don't think there seem to be any haters who just want to hate for hates sake.

I would say I fall under 1 and 2... I never hated the PT as much as some.. Though I would never call myself a fan. But after TFA and TLJ (more TFA) I can appreciate George Lucas' imagination with his characters and world building.

But make no mistake, for me, the PT is a mess due to its poor directing but I prefer the story and imagination it has compared to the ST. The ST is a mess due to poor writing but I prefer the look/direction and acting performances to the PT.

In the end I will find it easier to watch the PT because it has more imagination on screen then what the ST has to offer so far.. But that is in no way praise for the PT :lol

Having said that.. A great 3rd film to the ST could save it and propel it past the PT.. Though TFA will always remain a hard watch for me no matter what... Right up there with AOTC.

I don't think there seem to be any haters who just want to hate for hates sake.

Well I'm sick to death of SW so even if the ST manages to pull a ROTS and make a legimately "good" third installment I'll hate it anyway. :wave

How do you explain TLJ then? An off the reservation move by Kennedy?

Yeah, sort of. They tried something new. Failed. They'll return to standard regurg now. Watch.

Bringing JJ back was the first and very loud trumpet of the new "return to regurg".

Disney does not like a rocky boat. And the TLJ boat is a rockin'.

It will be good for SW fans to pivot back to hating SW because it’s too familiar. It’s almost like they did a push-up.

everyone in here needs psychiatric help.... this thread is reaching insane levels never seen before

You must be clairvoyant. That is already happening.

Yeah, but people are still buying plenty of ST merch. Just look in these forums. The S.H. Figuarts, Mafex & Black series 6 inch figures still sell well. I want everything to sit and rot. The HT are selling the slowest because of the prices. SS keeps making premium format statues and life size busts of these crap characters. I want all the companies to complain and rebel and tell Disney to stop making/forcing them to make stuff that isn't selling. This hurts everyone. There's still way more new crap from the ST being made than the OT... Which I get, but doesn't mean I have to be happy/accept it. All I ever see is ST stuff in every toy/department store I go to.

everyone in here needs psychiatric help.... this thread is reaching insane levels never seen before

Not really. It got a little Keaton Nuts for a minute but mostly it’s business as usual now.

Don’t be the last guy at the party, Crowseph.

Have they denounced Rian and announced a massive re-edit of this movie for home video yet? And that Luke will make his triumphant return in 9?

WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR?!

IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SALVAGE THIS RUINED FRANCHISE!!!!

Have they denounced Rian and announced a massive re-edit of this movie for home video yet? And that Luke will make his triumphant return in 9?

WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR?!

IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SALVAGE THIS RUINED FRANCHISE!!!!

They are waiting for you to hold your breath. Start now.

Yeah, sort of. They tried something new. Failed. They'll return to standard regurg now. Watch.

Bringing JJ back was the first and very loud trumpet of the new "return to regurg".

Disney does not like a rocky boat. And the TLJ boat is a rockin'.

khnxH1R.gif

i can understand joking or memeing or taking jabs at each other, or sharing funny vids
or i can understand discussing the star wars brand or discussing disney oe lucasfilm....

but the people that are still LEGITIMATELY arguing over this movie...
you guys need to seek help. talk to a loved one or something....... i seriously have no problem with someone spending 8 hours crap posting on the internet......

but anyone still legitimately arguing about the quality of this movie needs some counseling or something.... jesus christ bros............ wtf :lol

this goes for both sides, go play candy crush or something:cuckoo:....

i can understand joking or memeing or taking jabs at each other, or sharing funny vids
or i can understand discussing the star wars brand or discussing disney oe lucasfilm....

but the people that are still LEGITIMATELY arguing over this movie...
you guys need to seek help. talk to a loved one or something....... i seriously have no problem with someone spending 8 hours crap posting on the internet......

but anyone still legitimately arguing about the quality of this movie needs some therapy or something.... jesus christ bros............ wtf :lol

Actually, the point of a movie section is for people to legitimately argue about the quality of movies.

You need to tell your therapist about Grace. And RLM. And Riddick.

Actually, the point of a movie section is for people to legitimately argue about the quality of movies.

You need to tell your therapist about Grace. And RLM. And Riddick.

which we did, for 600 pages

IF people were talking to NEW members or someone that has not talked about the movie in the past then that would be one thing, but the SAME people talking about the SAME things is close to lunacy. the literal definition of insanity.

which we did, for 600 pages

IF people were talking to NEW members or someone that has not talked about the movie in the past then that would be one thing, but the SAME people talking about the SAME things is close to lunacy. the literal definition of insanity.

That’s what goes on here. Why does it bother you in this instance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back