Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys the button on his back actually was there to help him talk for real! He couldn't hear anything with the helmet on. So while they were filming, someone would stand behind Peter Weller and press the button repeatedly, thats how he knew when to talk. :lecture

Guys the button on his back actually was there to help him talk for real! He couldn't hear anything with the helmet on. So while they were filming, someone would stand behind Peter Weller and press the button repeatedly, thats how he knew when to talk. :lecture

You're all wrong. according to the suit creator , Rob Bottin, this is a microphone linked to earphones because with the helmet on, Peter couldn't hear anything. :lecture

Screw you guys, I want a motion-activated sound chip Robocop that I can program with my own sound effects and voice clips....

video_bg.jpg

Like "Loco Boca" Robocop or something... :horror

I don't mind that it's die cast, makes it look more authentic of you ask me. Might cost a little more sure but it looks mighty fine on the pictures!

Could definitely do without the sounds though

Im suprised to hear anyone wanting plastic over die cast.. Anyone whos owned the Bandai C 3P0 wil tell you its the ONLY way to go from now on on such figures. makes all the old HT iron man feel like pure junk

Im suprised to hear anyone wanting plastic over die cast.. Anyone whos owned the Bandai C 3P0 wil tell you its the ONLY way to go from now on on such figures. makes all the old HT iron man feel like pure junk
It's cool that the figure's metal - but I would've been happier without it for this one.

That - plus the sound crap, & they've added to the cost, & it's now out of my price range.

Needless to say, I'm not a fan of the sounds anyway, so I'm hoping for the next 'Murphy' version to be minus said gimmicks. :)

Most people are going to be displaying this figure in a glass case and rarely touching it but to repose every now and then. It's a collectable figure not a kids toys; just way to expensive to just play with. Many others with Ironman figures, Endoskeletons and the like only turn the light on to show off.

Think how much you'll actually be pushing the button to hear a few phases and how much "EXTRA" you paid for the figure just for that, and after awhile you'll realize you could have did without it.

Most people are going to be displaying this figure in a glass case and rarely touching it but to repose every now and then. It's a collectable figure not a kids toys; just way to expensive to just play with. Many others with Ironman figures, Endoskeletons and the like only turn the light on to show off.

Think how much you'll actually be pushing the button to hear a few phases and how much "EXTRA" you paid for the figure just for that, and after awhile you'll realize you could have did without it.
My response to that: Although I like the sound feature for ED-209, I have NO interest in it for Robocop. I know HT threw some tiny, inexpensive chips and such into it so they could justify the high price. That said, if there ever comes a time when I'm old and gray and want to sell the Robocop, (I'm talking 25+ years here) if the sound chip still works it will be part of the collector value price. Only then will I be glad HT added sound.

I think plastic figures last longer than die-cast ones, right?

And btw, how do we prevent rust?

Edit: ok, my bad. Die cast metal is zinc based, so they don't rust. Die cast ftw then.

Last edited:
What's unfortunate is that Sean guy on YouTube will review this and talk about how awesome the sound chip is, and get thousands of views, resulting in more people getting Robo for the sound, resulting in Hot Toys adding sound chips to more figures (at higher prices of course)

I'm sorry but i really disagree about the sound, even if it didn't have it they would still charge 300 for it somehow.
Besides i have an old 1/4 neca robocop with sound and it sounds great! Perfect weller voice and it always got praise from my friends.
So having it with this even more accurate looking robocop in 1/6 scale only adds value to me, assuming it sounds good.

What's unfortunate is that Sean guy on YouTube will review this and talk about how awesome the sound chip is, and get thousands of views, resulting in more people getting Robo for the sound, resulting in Hot Toys adding sound chips to more figures (at higher prices of course)

Yup any reason for them to jack up prices their all for it.

A non metal soundless MMS release - with the lovely new sculpt & detailing - would've been ideal for me.

I understand - yes, current / popular metal based characters getting the die-cast treatment is a logical next step for some higher end collectible companies, from their point of view.

However, I have the HT mk4 Iron Man - damn good figure. Doesn't need to be die-cast for me to appreciate the piece. I bought the Tamashii 3PO because it is a damn nice figure, but after their R2-D2, it'll be the LAST die-cast figure I buy.

HT are on a die-cast bender.. & hopefully it'll pass. :lol

Back