1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work in a lab at a major medical center and we are getting 100s of covid 19 specimens a day. I have some coworkers who still say this is just a flu, or it is no more dangerous than TB and we arent panicking about those. We also had panic with H1N1 and west nile but covid 19 is very different. So it just goes to show that even people who really should know better are still in denial.

We dont know how many infections there have been worldwide, we dont know the case fatality rate, but we do know that Italy has so many deaths they cant even collect bodies from peoples homes in a timely manner, doctors are making life and death decisions when patients come through the door like a ww2 triage on a battlefield. Iran is digging trenches the length of a football field in Qom to handle all of their bodies and they haven't even reported deaths in Qom yet.

Be careful out there folks.

The reason Italy has so many cases is because they took almost no precautions so the infection rate spread like wildfire. Even if you contract the disease, you are very unlikely to die unless you are elderly or immunocompromised.

Its not denial to say that you will most likely be fine. The death rate even at it's most liberal estimates is about 3.4%. More reasonable numbers are 1.4%. Worst case scenarios even if you contract it are extremely uncommon. China is already starting to get a handle on things.

But its also no excuse to not take it seriously. Taking it seriously is the reason why you will most likely be fine.

Driving paranoia is often just as bad as denial. And also the reason why a lot of infrastructure (such as shopping) is already clogged or falling apart is because of that paranoia and paranoia alone. You don't need to hoard supplies or doomsday prep, preventing others from getting toilet paper. You don't need to go to the hospital and take up valuable time if you sneeze. You do need to stay extra on top of hygene and avoid going out if you can help it; especially avoiding contact with old people. Saying that it "feels like Thanos just snapped his fingers" is frankly ridiculous.

Its not denial to say that you will most likely be fine. The death rate even at it's most liberal estimates is about 3.4%. More reasonable numbers are 1.4%. Worst case scenarios even if you contract it are extremely uncommon. China is already starting to get a handle on things.

But its also no excuse to not take it seriously. Taking it seriously is the reason why you will most likely be fine.

Driving paranoia is often just as bad as denial. And also the reason why a lot of infrastructure (such as shopping) is already clogged or falling apart is because of that paranoia and paranoia alone. You don't need to hoard supplies or doomsday prep, preventing others from getting toilet paper. You don't need to go to the hospital and take up valuable time if you sneeze. You do need to stay extra on top of hygene and avoid going out if you can help it; especially avoiding contact with old people. Saying that it "feels like Thanos just snapped his fingers" is frankly ridiculous.

Not ultimately dying does not = not being on a respirator for weeks, being in ICU, contributing to an overwhelming and impairment of hospital staff and their functions.

I'm resigned to the fact that if Covid-19 doesnt F__ me over, the hospital bills eventually will- because the Vegas odds are the majority of the people in this country will contract it at some point.

I have friends who think they may have had it months back- lasted a long time, was very rough.
And when you survive, it's with diminished lung capacity for the rest of your life.

My significant other works in healthcare. Nearly two weeks ago now, he had a patient come in and no one knew what this guy had, and because he didn't fit their profile for Covid, they couldn't test him for it until about a week later, when he comes up positive for it. During that time, he'd been in contact with so many of the staff, who are only now being tested. That patient passed away this morning, and he's maybe the 4th confirmed case in our area. Who even knows how many other people haven't been tested? It's insanity.

Not ultimately dying does not = not being on a respirator for weeks, being in ICU, contributing to an overwhelming and impairment of hospital staff and their functions.

I'm resigned to the fact that if Covid-19 doesnt F__ me over, the hospital bills eventually will- because the Vegas odds are the majority of the people in this country will contract it at some point.

I have friends who think they may have had it months back- lasted a long time, was very rough.
And when you survive, it's with diminished lung capacity for the rest of your life.
This is a fantastic example of spreading paranoia.

That isnt going to happen to the vast, vast majority of people that get it. Your friends did not have it unless they live and work in the Wuahn area of China, and even then it is unlikely. The first reported case ever only happened in November.

And actually, about 40% are likely to contract it. Not insignificant, but not the majority either.

Most people that get it; it will be like having a nasty flu for a week. No permanent side effects.

This stuff right here is how fear mongering and hysteria starts; and that is likely to me just as if not more damaging than a flu 98% of people will recover from fine in a week. The flu doesn't scare me, but panicked masses do.

Last edited:

Was this based on the study of 12 people who got discharged from a hospital in Hong Kong? their statement was "Out of 12 people in the group, two to three saw changes in their lung capacity." So, not everyone will have that issue and only a small percentage of the people who were hospitalized had diminished lung capacity. And I question why out of a study of 12 people, they can't determine if it was 2 or 3 people who had diminished lung capacity.

There's been no mention of diminished lung capacity. I "might have" had it too, a few weeks ago. Contracted a severe respiratory infection that had me sicker than I'd been in a while. Was at a meeting and 1/3 of of folks there got sick after, to greater or lesser degree. I wasn't tested even when I laid out symptoms. But. When there were only a few cases in the U.S., experts were already frustrated - and usually are - about folks not paying attention to the ongoing flu outbreaks.

People pay too little attention to the flu which is devastating in its own right. The flu vaccine only covers the top 3 strains any given year. The virus also does a number on the respiratory system.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/cold-and-flu/millions-sickened-flu-virus-activity-picks-across-u-s-n1105656

It's more likely ur friends had the flu. Experts get frustrated 'coz it doesn't get the press it should. Flu virus mutates rapidly, crosses species, and Stephen King was right to pick this virus re writing "The Stand". U can get mild strains or strains that will just lay you out for days. Severity can be affected depending on whether you have any immunity or cross-immunity from vaccines or having had a similar strain before. The damage flu does to the lungs can open lungs to secondary infections like bacterial pneumonia.

Hope ur friends got better. And get flu shots in future. Flu kills; people forget that.

being on a respirator for weeks, being in ICU, contributing to an overwhelming and impairment of hospital staff and their functions.

This is the main thing i'm worried about. There are people of ALL ages on ventilators across this country. Will they live? most will but they will also eat up medical resources that make it harder for someone who has some other medical issue to be seen and taken care of as quickly as they should.

That is why everything is closed. So we don't have 900,000 really sick people show up at hospitals in the next month.

So stay home and avoid spreading this and we should not have any major issues.

Not to do with the figure, but I have had a bit of spare tine at work recently, so I have been rewatching the Marvel movies and got up to Ant Man & The Wasp. I was inspired yesterday to to a little build. Hopefully you guys enjoy the end result as much as I enjoyed making it.

1a4e03b2712752b88ec2baad1819177f.jpg

278f528c84e94f00d38e5d3744b43b78.jpg

d3aeeb10fe1e54d8cf2ee3a7aee8bd77.jpg

8ff373990c2206aec0e8be82f82759da.jpg

For anyone who doesn't want to wait or is willing to look at an alternate display for your collection, I highly recommend the Iron Studios Wasp and Ant Man. Since the scaling isn't really an issue with these characters, it's a cool way to represent them.

For anyone who doesn't want to wait or is willing to look at an alternate display for your collection, I highly recommend the Iron Studios Wasp and Ant Man. Since the scaling isn't really an issue with these characters, it's a cool way to represent them.

Agree 100%.

You can get both for about the cost on one HT fig- and they are in more dynamic, and natural, poses than you can get with the HT figs, with Ant-man displaying an especially cool telescoping size effect that is beautifully executed.

I saw on FB that HT actually put out that this figure, Ant-Man, and Gamora will be released in the latter half of the year.

Back