Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UMADBRO_zps491b309c.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Alright...watched a second time, with my girlfriend together yesterday.
I kinda grew on me, I enjoyed the few scenes that were actually good a bit more.
Like the stuff with the guitar player atb, saying he can´t play without his emotions, then the whole dismanteling and also him uppin his dopamin levels again, through the process of checking on his own crime.
So...I actually think about getting it, but...the best part came when we finished it.
My girlfriend said:
"It´s ok, but totally unneccessary. The original is clunky and I don´t like the music, but the original Murphy got way more expresion...and he´s just a mouth almost through the whole movie. The new guy doesn´t cut it and also is the story way better. The whole way he becomes Robocop makes more sense in the original and also that he can´t remember.
The tech and all is great in the new, but the story is just way better in the old and a proper remake, with the new FX, but the old story would´ve made it WAY better!"
My girl...
:rock

Picked up the blu-ray yesterday and watched the movie all the way through again. Yep, it's still good! :) No original of course, but it's well made and totally has an 80's cult vibe to it. It's really just solid all around. The ending didn't feel as anti-climactic as when I saw it in the theater but it does still lean that way a bit.

Anyway I watched the deleted scenes and for those of you who still have any bit of curiosity as to why he keeps his flesh right hand this is the reason:

Spoiler Spoiler:

So yeah, pretty random and pointless. If that's what they were going for then I'm glad that dopey explanation was left on the cutting room floor.

A strong, firm, confident handshake? Well sir there's no finer greeting than crushing someone else's hand because they're not expecting a manly shake.....

I was hoping one of the deleted scenes would have elaborated more on how Sellers was the bad guy....The quick turnaround to him being the villain is still the weakest part of the movie in my opinion. Outside of that I found it just as enjoyable to watch the 2nd time around.

The blu ray is out? Gonna pick it up then. I was pleasantly surprised how good this movie turned out. I was bored out of my mind for the first 20 minutes and I HATED the idea of remaking Robocop but by the end the credits roll, I thought to myself "man, this is the best Robocop movie since the original."

Hated the design, hated the ED-209s, but dammit I just don't know how but it worked.

The blu ray is out? Gonna pick it up then. I was pleasantly surprised how good this movie turned out. I was bored out of my mind for the first 20 minutes and I HATED the idea of remaking Robocop but by the end the credits roll, I thought to myself "man, this is the best Robocop movie since the original."

Hated the design, hated the ED-209s, but dammit I just don't know how but it worked.

Maybe it's the fighting scene with ED-209s, as it really reminded me of the Rex boss fight :lol
It's an ok movie, i'll pick it up on dvd some time later.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back