Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd go so far as to say that rooted, or at least partially rooted, hair is a must for this character. Just look at the Sideshow version - the articulation is so limited it may as well not be there, and it's because of the hair style. Rooted hair would allow for so much more poseability

Yeah the ponytails really do get in the way if sculpted and there's really no good solution except real hair of some kind. I personally don't like the idea of half sculpted, half real hair but its better than having sculpted ponys arched in the air when you turn his head.

I'd be fine with rooted hair (as long as it looked good). But I'd prefer sculpted so he'd fit in with the rest of the line.

I suppose the hair be cast separately from the head and made of really soft rubber/vinyl.

I'd be fine with rooted hair (as long as it looked good). But I'd prefer sculpted so he'd fit in with the rest of the line.

I suppose the hair be cast separately from the head and made of really soft rubber/vinyl.

Fit with the rest of the line ? Eowyn has rooted hair , and not every character needs it, but it surely would look fine on the elves, rohirrim etc.

Yeah, I never really understand what "fit in" means. Some have real boots, some don't. Do you want to stop making real boots because you have more figures with plastic ones?

This is how progression is hampered.

Looking very good so far... I think the PS mods really help bring out the likeness. Definitely a much stronger start than Aragorn.

Gah. Forgot about Eowyn. You're right. I guess I was thinking about the male characters.

I'm not asking them to hold back innovation. But I do want my figures to feel like they fit together. It's not the biggest concern for me, but I don't think it's crazy. But ultimately I'm for whatever looks best.

(To be fair, Gothmog and Guritz don't really count as having hair, though.:lol)

Rooted can work, seems to for this thor type head anyway. If the hair is molded should very soft to allow for movement. Love the new likeness

Its the perfect character for rooted hair. I was just checking out my Gf's old barbies in the depths of the storage box, and its definitely something that could work for Legolas and most elves convincingly

Barbie hair is real wirey though. You'd need something softer.

Shouldn't Legolas have more tippy ears?

Please no rooted hair , it would not fit in with the
Continuity of the line the two human males before
This one all have Moulded hair to then have
"Barbie" hair on one of them just wouldn't work
Maybe interchangeable styles for different positions ?

Rooted can work, seems to for this thor type head anyway. If the hair is molded should very soft to allow for movement. Love the new likeness

Something like this would give much more life to a 1/6 articulated figure.

Back