Arbiter Of Bone (Court Of The Dead)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghost198

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Where's my favourite guy of the Court of the Dead universe - Arbiter of Bone? I miss him at the Comic-Con and on the Sideshow HP.

IMG_0472.jpg
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/IMG_0500.jpg

Has anyone more information?

I too wonder why this was not at SDCC. I think it is one of the best.

WHAT is the appeal of that guy? I look at that and I just see pure animal mutilating devil worshipping nastiness*. I'm serious! That thing crosses a serious line. I wonder about you guys that want the dude perched in your house somewhere. :lol ;)

*I'm not saying that if you like this guy you're a devil worshipper but damn, there's literally no good vibe I get from this piece, on any level, other than it was designed and expertly crafted by some freaking sick individual/s.

WHAT is the appeal of that guy? I look at that and I just see pure animal mutilating devil worshipping nastiness*. I'm serious! That thing crosses a serious line. I wonder about you guys that want the dude perched in your house somewhere. :lol ;)

*I'm not saying that if you like this guy you're a devil worshipper but damn, there's literally no good vibe I get from this piece, on any level, other than it was designed and expertly crafted by some freaking sick individual/s.

That's why I want it. :devil

I'm 100 percent in agreement with Khev!! I can't look at it without feeling those exact things and why this will never make it in my collection. Darkness didn't even make me feel that way!

Darkness didn't even make me feel that way!

That's what I'm talking about. Even though all these PF's are undead and from the Underworld and everything I don't get an uncomfortable vibe from most of them. A lot of them remind me of Dungeons & Dragons or Pan's Labyrinth. Not Sunday School material obviously but still pretty harmless to my mind. But this Arbiter dude? Yeah, forget it. :lol

The one I had that reaction to was Red Death. I honestly cant understand why ~anyone~ would want Red Death in their house, but you pays your money and you makes your choice. IMO Red Death is far creepier than the Arbiter, who is actually pretty tame compared to the rest of this lineup.

C'est la collecting.

That is pretty creepy looking. I don't collect this line but I can see the appeal it holds. Compelling storyline, interesting and aesthetically pleasing designs. Nice collection by Sideshow.

The one I had that reaction to was Red Death. I honestly cant understand why ~anyone~ would want Red Death in their house, but you pays your money and you makes your choice. IMO Red Death is far creepier than the Arbiter, who is actually pretty tame compared to the rest of this lineup.

C'est la collecting.

I didn't want Red Death until I saw the video/story behind it. I just want all of them so I p.o.'d him. I also have no problem separating fiction from reality so it doesn't bother me in the slightest to have it around or in my house. If anything it'll be funny to see people's reactions to it. It will be like the time I had an exgf of mine watch Trainspotting and have her start dry-heaving to the "grossest toilet in Scotland" scene :Flush

C'est la collecting.

Yeah, Red Death is about the goriest collectible I've ever seen. I barely have the stomach to peruse pictures of it, let alone look at it every day in three dimensions. :lol

I didn't want Red Death until I saw the video/story behind it. I just want all of them so I p.o.'d him. I also have no problem separating fiction from reality so it doesn't bother me in the slightest to have it around or in my house. If anything it'll be funny to see people's reactions to it. It will be like the time I had an exgf of mine watch Trainspotting and have her start dry-heaving to the "grossest toilet in Scotland" scene :Flush

Right, the only people who don't like something are those who can't separate fiction from reality. :lol :duh

Yeah, Red Death is about the goriest collectible I've ever seen.

Right, the only people who don't like something are those who can't separate fiction from reality. :lol :duh

I think you took what I said, personally. It was a general comment, not aimed at anyone, offering my own perspective.

I can separate fact from fiction just fine, its just that I find Red Death actually ugly. RD is exquisitely crafted and brilliantly designed, yes... just.... not in my house, ok? I like things of beauty, that I enjoy looking at in my house.

Even if they be dark and twisted things of beauty. :cool: No ugliness. However that is just me, and neither you nor anyone else has to justify their collecting choices to others. Buy what you like is my motto.

[Keep in mind that I have two full-size Victorian-era female ghosts in my house full-time, and also an actual mannequin. The mere sight of these items would probably send most running for the hills. lol]

Yeah, Red Death is about the goriest collectible I've ever seen. I barely have the stomach to peruse pictures of it, let alone look at it every day in three dimensions. :lol

The WORST collectibles I have ever seen were this line of "action figures" based on Clive Barker's Hellraiser. They started off with the usualCenobite fare and then took several left turns. I remember reading one review where the reviewer said that he was so disturbed by the figure, that after he had appraised it he actually buried it in his back yard, because he didn't want it in his house that badly.

I don't know if he actually did that, but yes they were that level of sickening.

I can separate fact from fiction just fine, its just that I find Red Death actually ugly. RD is exquisitely crated and brilliantly designed, yes... just.... not in my house, ok? I like things of beauty, that I enjoy looking at in my house.

Even if they be dark and twisted things of beauty. :cool: No ugliness. However that is just me, and neither you nor anyone else has to justify their collecting choices to others. Buy what you like is my motto.

[Keep in mind that I have two full-size Victorian-era female ghosts in my house full-time, and also an actual mannequin. The mere sight of these items would probably send most running for the hills. lol]

Oh you can't put that out there without pics, bud. :lol

Back