HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now announce the Batwing and make this the perfect weekend HT! And officially make me a single man!

I know Jokes and bats explained how to get that lining out, but as it turns out, I'm the less skilled person in the world when it comes to mod ANYTHING, hence my dislike to expensive mods here and there. It's just jealousy.

I might have been an ass regarding those (including yours) but i didn't really mean to be a complete **** about it. Would you care to explain how to do it as if you were taking to a 4 year old?

:lol no worries. PM me later to remind me and I will try outline it for you.

It's a DX definitely... PERS panel it's the same as DX09.

_MG_2405.jpg
I've never been much a fan of the Returns suit - always preferring the '89 suit - but I gotta say it works EXTREMELY well in figure form. If they throw in the glider wings and a Keaton headsculpt so this figure really stands out next to the '89 DX, I'm in.

I know that whenever the Penguin takes control of my car I get pissed off--I can only imagine how Batman feels.

Keaton really did make the best faces--more than any other actor since, he managed to make the cowl work for him rather than be swallowed up by it. His work with his eyes alone was impressive.

I don't care what anyone says. To this day Keaton's performance as Batman is still the best. He alone managed to give the impression that there is a damaged, hurting person under that mask rather than a mere rich dilettante. His speech to Catwoman at the end of Returns, where he tells her that they're both damaged, "cracked, right down the middle" is the best Batman moment ever committed to film.

I've never been much a fan of the Returns suit - always preferring the '89 suit - but I gotta say it works EXTREMELY well in figure form. If they throw in the glider wings and a Keaton headsculpt so this figure really stands out next to the '89 DX, I'm in.

Damn, the more I see of this figure, the more I'm in. Somehow the armored chest works better for me than it ever did in real life.

I know that whenever the Penguin takes control of my car I get pissed off--I can only imagine how Batman feels.

Keaton really did make the best faces--more than any other actor since, he managed to make the cowl work for him rather than be swallowed up by it. His work with his eyes alone was impressive.

I don't care what anyone says. To this day Keaton's performance as Batman is still the best. He alone managed to give the impression that there is a damaged, hurting person under that mask rather than a mere rich dilettante. His speech to Catwoman at the end of Returns, where he tells her that they're both damaged, "cracked, right down the middle" is the best Batman moment ever committed to film.
Nicely put.

Yep - Keaton rules, anybody sane knows that. :lol

(don't tell the Nolancompoops that, they'll implode.)

The awesomeness of this figure suddenly made me forget that HT made us wait too long. I can't wait to have one on my shelf, given a price I can afford. I might have this next to the Batmobile, moving DX09 on to another shelf.

Sigh. Of all the years I decided to skip SDCC.

This looks like Keaton from the scene where he was looking at Selina who's babbling after he saved her from the circus clown.

_MG_2404.jpg

Is he wearing Jordan VIs?

Yes :)

Yeah, I've always preferred the '89 look myself. I like the rough look and bulk of it more.

But man, this streamlined look is just so sharp and cool looking. They translated the film look of the suit and made it better looking.

I'm happy with the DX09. I prefer the 89 suit and I may be in the minority here but I think they captured Keaton better with the 09 (I mean it's hard to improve on perfection!).

Not to take away from the DX15 though as this looks great and hot toys have done an amazing job

I'm happy with the DX09. I prefer the 89 suit and I may be in the minority here but I think they captured Keaton better with the 09 (I mean it's hard to improve on perfection!).

Not to take away from the DX15 though as this looks great and hot toys have done an amazing job

They look equal in terms of quality, imo. I don't see any improvements on the likeness, which is fine since the 89 looks great. Some people might prefer the new costume, but that's has nothing to do with the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back