HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to like Affleck as Batman and I think he'll do a good job.

Honestly, I had my doubts when he was first announced, but so far he's been the most interesting aspect of the movie so far. The reveal pics of him as Batman have been great and he seems to have a sincere interest in wanting to do it. I'm looking forward to it.

One thing that kind of bothers me is that in one interview he said "I wouldn't have taken the role if I didn't think I could do it." I know I'm probably reading into it too much but I wish he would have said "If i didn't know I could do it." He says "think." Didn't he also think he could do a bunch of other stuff that didn't go well? I know it's nitpicking and he probably meant "know" but dammit that's not what he said.

Batfleck's gonna kick ass.

I had my doubts at first,but I think he'll do great.
I'm actually expecting him to be my favorite Bruce/Batman.

After seeing , hearing about the batfleck trailer i d be down for a certain suit. I 'm still not convinced he'll pull it off but if anything HOPE we get kick ass certain suit out of it ,SWEEEEEET! Other then that I'll wait til it's here to judge the film not keeping my hopes up. I hate the casting choice's so far like lex aka jess eisenberg ,affleck still need 2 prove there role's ,sorry. Now WHERE'S THE DX 15 PREORDER AT? :impatient:

Last edited:
One thing that kind of bothers me is that in one interview he said "I wouldn't have taken the role if I didn't think I could do it." I know I'm probably reading into it too much but I wish he would have said "If i didn't know I could do it." He says "think." Didn't he also think he could do a bunch of other stuff that didn't go well? I know it's nitpicking and he probably meant "know" but dammit that's not what he said.

Affleck's Gigli and Daredevil days have been long behind him for a while now. He's at a much different place in his career now with hits like Gone Baby Gone, The Town and Argo. This movie is actually quite a risk for Affleck considering the critical acclaim his movies have been receiving lately and I'm sure he thought long and hard about whether or not he should do the film. I'm hoping since he did take on the role it means that the movie must be pretty damn good for him to be involved.

I think he thought Daredevil would be a different movie than it was, because every time anyone brings that movie up, he seems to be genuinely disappointed, more than anything. I also think he's been choosing his projects way more carefully, lately. Runner, Runner being the exception, but, even then, that was relatively under the radar, he's worked his ass off to rebuild his image, and I doubt he'd have taken this role if he thought it'd be Batman & Robin 2.0. Plus, his involvement is only a good thing, in my eyes. The fact that Terrio has the writing credit is testament to that fact.

Honestly Affleck just doesn't interest me at all, I only really like him in Good Will Hunting. Every other movie, he was maybe passable but in things like his personal life, I have no real interest. Not many of his other movies are too interesting to me either. Maybe if I ever wanted to see how bad some of them are, I could find something but still, nothing he really does is that interesting.

I also just don't want to see Batman on the screen again so soon. It's pretty simple as that, and I don't think Synder can handle two (now three really) super heroes, and he'll totally get a lot to deal with, such as comparisons to Nolan and Burton.

Honestly Affleck just doesn't interest me at all, I only really like him in Good Will Hunting. Every other movie, he was maybe passable but in things like his personal life, I have no real interest. Not many of his other movies are too interesting to me either. Maybe if I ever wanted to see how bad some of them are, I could find something but still, nothing he really does is that interesting.

I also just don't want to see Batman on the screen again so soon. It's pretty simple as that, and I don't think Synder can handle two (now three really) super heroes, and he'll totally get a lot to deal with, such as comparisons to Nolan and Burton.

Ive said it before and ill say it again, what they really needed to do was somehow bring Christian Bales Batman back in Batman vs Superman, and not have a new Batman against Supes. Even in the ads for Man of Steel it was like they were trying to say this is the Nolanverse Superman. Bale and Nolans emphasis on there movies being totally done and that is HAS TO BE a trilogy is dumb. There is no reason why there cannot be further adventures. Furthermore they have way to many superheros crammed into this one movie, and the title is awful. Just have it be called Batman Vs Superman.

DC use to be ahead of Marvel, in the 80s/90s. now Marvel is taking them to the cleaners.

Bale coming back would have ruined the whole thing for me.
His time as batman is over.
Bat-Affleck.gif

Bale coming back would have ruined the whole thing for me.
His time as batman is over.
Bat-Affleck.gif

And why does it HAVE to be over?! RDJ has played Ironman four times now, five including IH, and six with AOU, and seventh with Avengers 3 and maybe eighth with the rumored Iron Man 4, let alone Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. It just doesn't have to be three times with Bale, and they really could have opened up and built upon the DC universe by connecting him with MOS, instead of just rushing the DC universe movies. Bale is still pretty young, he could have played...Batman Forever.

Rebooting Batman fast is also not a good idea as seen by the Spidey films box office intake, which btw I have even yet to see the two new Spidey films because I have zero interest in them, just more of the same.

The big difference is that RDJ, in the way he played Tony Stark, has brought something indisputable. Like it or not, RDJ is Tony Stark. He is an evidence! Nobody in Hollywood thinks to replace him. It is just impossible.
What none of any actors who played Batman has succeeded...
Even if for me Michael Keaton will always be Batman...

I think it's too soon to do another Batman movie, but DC is in a bind, seeing as how Marvel is bludgeoning it with all the new stuff coming down the pike.

Why its too soon ? The last batman movie was on 2012 and the next appearence will be on 2016 so isn't that enough time ? And Bale was offered 50 million dollars and still didn't want to do it.

And why does it HAVE to be over?! RDJ has played Ironman four times now, five including IH, and six with AOU, and seventh with Avengers 3 and maybe eighth with the rumored Iron Man 4, let alone Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. It just doesn't have to be three times with Bale, and they really could have opened up and built upon the DC universe by connecting him with MOS, instead of just rushing the DC universe movies. Bale is still pretty young, he could have played...Batman Forever.

Rebooting Batman fast is also not a good idea as seen by the Spidey films box office intake, which btw I have even yet to see the two new Spidey films because I have zero interest in them, just more of the same.

Bale was kind of overstaying his welcome so to speak. Bale was getting boring in the role. At least RDJ and Jackman have a charming personality, they are vibrant, funny. Plus I was getting tired of Bale's throat cancer voice. Batman never talked like that, look at West, Keaton, Kilmer, etc. Bale didn't have any catchy one liners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back